This certificate is appropriate for teachers who teach students ages 11-15 and who know the full range of the school language arts curriculum, including reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Assessment at a Glance
Review the EA/ English Language Arts Assessment at a Glance to learn more about the following:
- Choosing the right certificate
- Reviewing the Standards
- Portfolio entry descriptions
- Assessment center exercise descriptions
- Retired Prompts
- Understanding the National Board scoring process
- Certification planning timeline
Read the EA/ English Language Arts Standards that represent a professional consensus on the aspects of practice that distinguish accomplished teachers.
Read the EA/ English Language Arts Portfolio Instructions as well as the General Portfolio Instructions to learn how to prepare, develop and submit your portfolio.
Understand how your entries are scored.