The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Certificates, Standards, and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @EllenSherratt: Thank you #csgwest17 for the chance to discuss today #teachershortages and scaling accomplished teaching @NBPTSNBPTSAug 20
- RT @Mentorteacher4: Day 1 of #PGCPSJumpstart @NBPTS @Pbrookins44 60+ NBCT Candidates and Recertification NBCTs. We are on the move. https:/…NBPTSAug 19
- We are represented by @EllenSherratt at #csgwest17 are looking forward to discussing how to address teacher shortagesNBPTSAug 19
- "What Teachers Should Know and Be Able to Do" lays the foundation for #NBPTS Standards and Board Certification.… https://t.co/YAx0Q4obQ2NBPTSAug 19
- How @ChrisArenth, NBCT, realized she needed to be a louder advocate for her students: https://t.co/hVpg9qqkZINBPTSAug 18