The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- We think so too! https://t.co/Y6CIVKSb75NBPTSNov 22
- @nfaswims4physed @NBC__NY We think so too! Woohoo for renewals and accomplished educators! #NBPTSGivesThanks… https://t.co/kSaNvPa3diNBPTSNov 22
- National Board is thankful for students who are constantly learning and growing into leaders! #NBPTSGivesThanks https://t.co/lONIMLrjEeNBPTSNov 22
- RT @oregoneducation: Native educators say #Thanksgiving lessons can be accurate, respectful, and still fun—here’s how https://t.co/srAAx20Y…NBPTSNov 22
- "As educators, we have serious work to do, too. Our work is to foster citizens who can safeguard our democracy." https://t.co/xRFJUy8p77NBPTSNov 22