The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @HSGKristen: A5 Rotational pos allow opportunities for more tchrs & encourage TLs to move forward into old/new roles w/ greater perspect…NBPTSSep 20
- Teacher retention is a critical issue; no doubt teacher leadership provides incentive to stay in the classroom… https://t.co/jDS3Xxg4MdNBPTSSep 20
- RT @klarebeechwood: A1 Part 1: @NBPTS allows Ts to take on leadership roles in their schools, district and at the state level.NBPTSSep 20
- Great model to consider. Thanks for sharing! https://t.co/E7L3X5Day7NBPTSSep 20
- Incredible conversation and insight from across the country on this essential issue to teacher satisfaction, retention #tlpathwaysNBPTSSep 20