The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Certificates, Standards, and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @MandyRheaWrites: First day done and all the candidates survived their first foray into National Boards! #NEAJumpStart https://t.co/LKy9…NBPTSAug 16
- How @nivvita, NBCT developed an app that was catered to her instruction and meaningful to her students: https://t.co/6ibRnuB22t #NBCTstrongNBPTSAug 16
- Addressing early attrition is critical - consider compensation, #teacherprep & support + conditions: https://t.co/6qnO1z2MMz @LPI_LearningNBPTSAug 16
- New survey data shows just a slight increase in diversity: https://t.co/e6aPaXMYiENBPTSAug 16
- RT @LeahTerry2: NV team-Honored and grateful to be participating in the NB Professional Learning Facilitator training! #NEAjumpstart @NBPTS…NBPTSAug 16