The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @GinaWilsonNBCT: "I have found that attitude is everything — teachers who love teaching cultivate students who love learning." Alexandra…National BoardJun 18
- @KyNT3 @KYNBCTNetwork @SarahYost1 @hbloodworthH @CampbellsVoice @JanaBryant14 A job wonderfully done! Congratulations! #NBCTStrong 🎉National BoardJun 18
- RT @KyNT3: Celebrating at the @KYNBCTNetwork annual meeting that we surpassed our goal of 100 members before the end of our first year! AWE…National BoardJun 18
- Follow along on Instagram this week as we get to know our National Board Fellows! First up is @jaimefesta!… https://t.co/KlpFfNzbmqNational BoardJun 18
- Connect with Kids and Families This Summer! by @ritaplatt #NBCTStrong https://t.co/wwCxcLFayrNational BoardJun 18