February 20, 2018 marks Kentucky’s celebration of 316 new NBCTs. Peggy Brookins, President & CEO of National Board for Professional Teaching Standards remarked, “I could not be more proud of Kentucky’s 316 new National Board Certified Teachers. This is an accomplishment for the teachers but I can’t overstate the impact it will have on students. NBCTs have an oversized impact on student learning and these teachers, 70 percent of whom teach in high-needs Title I schools, are working with students who need them most. Every student deserves a teacher whose practice meets the highest standards in the field. Great work, Kentucky!”
February 20 was also declared “National Board Certified Teacher day” by Governor Matt Bevin. Read more.
- RT @DanvilleSchools: A new board policy will provide tutition reimbursement to Danville teachers seeking @NBPTS or certification to teach d…National BoardMay 25
- RT @mcricker: I still get chills at the outstanding teaching & learning I was privileged to see in Chicago, thanks to @CTULocal1 members an…National BoardMay 25
- "Teachers who choose to further their own education in order to become a National Board Certified Teacher or who be… https://t.co/8yNtwdzO6DNational BoardMay 25
- RT @ASharpTeacher: Be sure to submit! #STEAM #STEAMlearns #teacherleader #NBCTStrong #NBCT https://t.co/ghPKLJ1uggNational BoardMay 25
- RT @nfaswims4physed: 15min #EnduranceSwim How far will Ss go & how does it compare 2 past #swims? Use all strokes strategically #BigFeats 4…National BoardMay 25