The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards has been added to the U.S. Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) list of programs that meet their rigorous threshold for research evidence demonstrating effectiveness. The WWC resource allows users to identify interventions, programs, policies, and practices that have been shown to have a positive impact on student outcomes. Get the details here.
Only two other programs meet this threshold.
“Being added to the What Works Clearinghouse affirms what we already knew: National Board Certified teachers have a measurable impact on student performance. A large body of research has told us this for years and now the Department of Education agrees,” said Peggy Brookins, NBCT, president and CEO of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
Why this matters
Being included on the What Works Clearinghouse list sets the National Board apart from other organizations. It builds on a large body of studies focusing on the effectiveness of National Board Certified Teachers, highlights of which are captured in the National Board’s Impact Brief and on the National Conference of State Legislature’s website.
In the past few months, new research has found that Board-certified teachers’ turnover rates are nearly four times lower than for other teachers and that Board-certified teachers increase students’ future earnings by $48,000.
“There are currently 118,000 National Board Certified Teachers. We work daily to increase our reach because all students deserve the benefit of being taught by an NBCT,” added Brookins.
- RT @MichaelJDunlea: Please join us tonight! 8:00 pm EST @HopeStreetGroup @NNSTOY @NJEA @NBPTS @Tabschools @NEAToday @NEAFoundation @VarkeyF…National BoardFeb 25
- The @NewTeacherCtr newly released program standards help states & districts design, implement and evaluate evidence… https://t.co/pqrxyrgde4National BoardFeb 25
- RT @DerekVoiles: Every profession begins in a classroom! #LoveTeaching https://t.co/9PAErrRWt7National BoardFeb 25
- RT @milne_shelly: @JanetBerg Our superintendent went all out. Beautiful awards for our NBCTs. It was a special night. #NBCTstrong https://t…National BoardFeb 24
- RT @SONJAHUNGNESS: Proud to have been honored by the State of Wisconsin DPI last night as a finalist for the PAEMST award! #NBCTStrong #STE…National BoardFeb 24