The Council of Chief State School Officers has announced that Sydney Chaffee, an NBCT and high school teacher in Boston, MA is the 2017 National Teacher of the Year.
Chaffee teaches humanities at Codman Academy Charter Public School, where she focuses on the intersection of history and literature to help her students learn from lessons of the past to make change in the world. Chaffee, who has taught for 10 years, believes education must be authentic and encourages her students to take risks by creating a safe environment in her classroom for diverse learners. Read More >
- How to Teach Internet Safety to Younger Elementary Students https://t.co/GHtDBooaWaNational BoardMar 16
- RT @drvickip: "When we hold high expectations for our teachers, they turn around and hold high expectations for their students." Educator @…National BoardMar 16
- RT @deb_ramm: True reflection of the @NBPTS process helps develop the craft #ForeverLearning https://t.co/5g4MrrARKjNational BoardMar 16
- RT @Pbrookins44: Content is also available here with additional resources (and a great video) https://t.co/NFMyIO4QzJ https://t.co/sI2yha3R…National BoardMar 16
- RT @KyDeptofEd: .@TheKCSD teacher @missbrown111 says the cost, time and effort of going above and beyond for @NBPTS are all worth it. http…National BoardMar 16