ARLINGTON, VA — November 20, 2015 — The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) are pleased to announce an alliance that will, in the future, enable the National Board to expand National Board Certification to teachers of world languages other than French and Spanish. Nationwide, more than 110,000 teachers have achieved National Board Certification, with 1,936 in the World Language certificate area, demonstrating that they have met the profession’s standards for accomplished practice through a rigorous, performance-based, peer-review process. Working together, the National Board and ACTFL aim to further professional community building in world languages departments, strengthen the teaching of world languages, and increase the number of world languages students who learn from accomplished, Board-certified teachers. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.
- The 2018 Nomination Drive for the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching #PAEMST is… https://t.co/A2FBYauvHaNational BoardJan 18
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” Thank you teachers everywhere for… https://t.co/4dqfpYdHDSNational BoardJan 18
- Thanks to @MCPS for celebrating their highly accomplished teachers. https://t.co/JLbsVCTk8j #NBCTStrongNational BoardJan 18
- NBCT @Shancotton22 decided to pursue certification to prove to herself that she was an accomplished health teacher.… https://t.co/G85o6gtOAKNational BoardJan 18
- RT @e2schley: Look at our @KateNall! Another #amAZingNBCT at @bashabearnation #buildingbasha #NBCTStrong @ChandlerUnified @NBPTS https://t.…National BoardJan 18