This week the National Board submitted recommendations to Congress to build a strong teaching workforce through the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), formerly known as No Child Left Behind (NCLB). The recommendations include building a continuum that supports teacher growth; strengthening entry into the profession; improving ongoing professional learning, including pathways to Board certification; and creating opportunities for teacher leadership.
At the same time, the National Board submitted comments to the U.S. Department of Education on its proposed teacher preparation regulations, drawing from the example of the rigorous training and residency programs in the medical profession.
What Do You Think?
What would you believe Congress should do? Join the discussion on Twitter using the hashtag #fixNCLB.
- The 2018 Nomination Drive for the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching #PAEMST is… https://t.co/A2FBYauvHaNational BoardJan 18
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” Thank you teachers everywhere for… https://t.co/4dqfpYdHDSNational BoardJan 18
- Thanks to @MCPS for celebrating their highly accomplished teachers. https://t.co/JLbsVCTk8j #NBCTStrongNational BoardJan 18
- NBCT @Shancotton22 decided to pursue certification to prove to herself that she was an accomplished health teacher.… https://t.co/G85o6gtOAKNational BoardJan 18
- RT @e2schley: Look at our @KateNall! Another #amAZingNBCT at @bashabearnation #buildingbasha #NBCTStrong @ChandlerUnified @NBPTS https://t.…National BoardJan 18