Home Kisha Davis-Caldwell, NBCT
Kisha Davis-Caldwell is responsible for NBCT mobilization and engagement focusing on teacher leadership through collaboration with government agencies and education organizations. Most recently, Davis-Caldwell was an elementary mathematics coach for Howard County Public Schools in Maryland.
Davis-Caldwell has taught at the elementary level for over 15 years. Her leadership involvement includes curriculum development, instructional mentoring, professional development facilitation and support for National Board candidates.
Davis-Caldwell served as an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow for the National Science Foundation working on The White House’s Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching. She gained a global perspective on the teaching profession as an observer in diverse school settings in Australia, Italy and New Zealand, as well as in Japan, where she taught for the public school system, and in China, where she was a Freeman Teacher Fellow.
Davis-Caldwell serves on the Board of Directors for EdReports and is a member of NEA’s Common Core Working Group. She is an adjunct professor for National University and holds both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
- VOTE by 8/25 for @hopestreetgroup panel @SXSWedu, where P-16 pros will discuss aligning PD to competencies… https://t.co/m3KOoE0gcrNBPTSAug 21
- Prepare kids to lead active lives where smart health habits are 2nd nature. It starts w/ effective instruc in #HPE. https://t.co/Ln19rxAXDvNBPTSAug 21
- Ways to foster strong relationships in the classroom: https://t.co/ezIHtUOBysNBPTSAug 21
- #NBCTstrong leaders @EGilrein and @mmethunder talk #teacherleadership: https://t.co/1BmfPiaZiCNBPTSAug 21
- @Ms_Tamborello @mrsdutro Go for it, Sara! Lots of info on our website: https://t.co/Ozi9kcM3IjNBPTSAug 21