Home Loveen Bains
Loveen Bains manages multiple projects at the National Board, including the Teacher Incentive Fund grant and the Mississippi Literacy project.
Prior to the National Board, Bains served at the U.S. Department of Education with an extensive range of responsibilities. Bains provided direct oversight and management of Race to the Top on both state and district levels as part of President Obama’s education reform agenda. Additionally, Bains led the creation and coordination of flagship international higher education dialogues in partnership with the U.S. State Department and foreign governments, and also administered federal education grants throughout the United States.
Bains’ field experience includes research and teaching, special education, and community college advancement.
Bains holds a Ph.D. in educational psychology from the University of Houston, an M.A. in clinical psychology from Pepperdine University, and a B.A. from the University of Arizona.
- VOTE by 8/25 for @hopestreetgroup panel @SXSWedu, where P-16 pros will discuss aligning PD to competencies… https://t.co/m3KOoE0gcrNBPTSAug 21
- Prepare kids to lead active lives where smart health habits are 2nd nature. It starts w/ effective instruc in #HPE. https://t.co/Ln19rxAXDvNBPTSAug 21
- Ways to foster strong relationships in the classroom: https://t.co/ezIHtUOBysNBPTSAug 21
- #NBCTstrong leaders @EGilrein and @mmethunder talk #teacherleadership: https://t.co/1BmfPiaZiCNBPTSAug 21
- @Ms_Tamborello @mrsdutro Go for it, Sara! Lots of info on our website: https://t.co/Ozi9kcM3IjNBPTSAug 21