The Controller is responsible for the development, administration and implementation of all accounting systems that meet the financial and legal reporting requirements of the National Board including functional responsibility over accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting and administration. The Controller will ensure that correct systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and conduct effective audits.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day finance operations with supervisory and functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and client requirements.
- Monitor internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenues, costs, payables, budgets and actual expenditures. Recommend improvements.
- Compile, analyze and review financial statements and present financial information to senior management in a timely manner.
- Manage the preparation of the annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Coordinate all audit activity with an outside auditor. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal financial reporting requirements and tax filings such as 990 and other IRS filings.
- Other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with an accounting emphasis required; MBA, CMA, or CPA a plus.
- Eight to ten years of related experience and/or public accounting background.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and non-profit accounting
- Proficient in MIP Abila or other advanced accounting system(s).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to function within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects within established deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and have strong decision-making capability.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate financial information effectively to management.
- Ability to manage staff, several contractors, committees and groups consistent with established schedules, deadlines and budgets.
- Financial accounting experience through financial statements.
- Knowledge of computer operations and software applications.
- Five to ten years related experience and/or public accounting background.
- Capacity to work in a collegial environment that depends heavily on teamwork.
Position Type and expected hours of work:
- This is a Full Time position.
- Arlington, VA.
Please email the following by March 25, 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter including your required salary.
- Your current resume.
- Excellent Health, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Professional Development
- 403B Retirement
NBPTS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diversity in its hiring and employment practices.
- RT @sallyjeanw: During this crazy and uncertain time, it is important to practice mindfulness! Join @NBPTS now for a webinar for teaching a…National BoardApr 09
- RT @DavidPBLRoss: A high-stakes question: Review or new content? https://t.co/aa8O1ETD6d @ascd @NEAToday @AFTunion @NBPTS #onlinelearning #…National BoardApr 09
- RT @DrJeffEargle: Thanks to @PSTANews’s Craig King for speaking w/ #EDSE302 today on: 📚Advocating for Teachers 📚#ELearning / #RemoteLearnin…National BoardApr 09
- Today's webinar is all about #selfcare! Be sure to sign up for the #CoreConnections webinar today to learn to tips… https://t.co/tvWml90ssgNational BoardApr 09
- Join @EdProgress for a #QualityEdChat about increased investments in public education keeping equity in mind in the… https://t.co/Tx7HoRT2osNational BoardApr 09