Home Senior Manager, Technology Projects
The National Board seeks a Senior Technology Project Manager to provide project management and support for cross-team and cross-functional technology projects that support core business requirements and key initiatives. Reporting to the VP, Technology, this role will be responsible for research, implementation, process creation and improvement, training, technical assistance, and user adoption. The projects will range in scope with a majority focused around data from the National Board’s extensive Salesforce database and integrating various technical systems. This role will also work closely with and provide technical support to the communications team specifically with the e-marketing platform and data. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong project management, problem-solving, and communication skills and possess a combination of traits including creative vision and collaborative spirit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the business needs of all departments, including cross-functional business needs, identify requirements and propose potential solutions.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including requirements gathering, communication management, stakeholder management, creation and execution of project plans, user adoption and rollout.
- Apply project management standards and methods as set out within the Technology team.
- Responsible for communicating project status updates to stakeholders.
- Conduct research, complete cost analysis, and provide feedback to the VP, Technology and senior leadership to help inform project prioritization.
- Use project management templates and tools such as project charters, communication plans, and risk registers.
- Define and track quantitative and qualitative project goals.
- Responsible for tracking and managing project budgets.
- Help define and influence project management best practices within the team and across the organization.
- Research various technology applications and present solutions.
- Manage technology vendors in support of application development and relevant project implementations.
- Provide technical support to the communications team on the e-marketing platform.
- Manage the e-marketing system vendor.
- Manage system integrations.
- Provide monthly marketing data reports.
- Identify areas for process improvement.
- Develop new processes with collaborative input.
- Influence others toward new process adoption.
- Guide staff through decision-making processes.
- Serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with wide audiences with different working/learning styles.
- Serve as a change agent in support of all the technology team’s projects.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Summary of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Salesforce experience required.
- PMP preferred, or willingness to earn PMP certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a technology project management role or equivalent; non-profit experience a plus.
- Proven project management skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully lead and manage projects.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Attention to detail, including following up on tasks.
- Ability to communicate complex technologies and concepts with conversational language for the purpose of education and/or guidance.
- Proficient with a wide variety of technologies.
- Proven cross-team collaboration.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and commitments.
National Board Core Competencies:
- People Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships and leads and develop others.
- Self-Growth: Self-management and self-development.
- Results Focus: Plans, executes and drives results.
- Thought Leadership: Analytical thinking and organizational insight.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Continuous standing, walking and sitting throughout the day.
- Some light lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required.
- Continuous typing and viewing of a computer screen may be required.
- Work performed at the National Board’s office. Travel sites vary in comfort.
- Must be able to calmly and effectively work with high stress situations.
Position Type and expected hours of work:
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume using the link below:
NBPTS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diversity in its hiring and employment practices.
- RT @MSProfEd: MPE Deputy Director @barbie_fergi received her National Board renewal certificate! We are so proud of her and thankful for a…National BoardJan 17
- "I had two choices, give up or get it done." Check out the latest blog from @GuerraCCSD on her path to Board Certif… https://t.co/9NzglpIoU5National BoardJan 17
- Hey y'all! #NBCTstrong https://t.co/saHcsaw2KB https://t.co/25smGrcLMGNational BoardJan 17
- RT @sgullixson: Thank you, @CSSD11 DAC, for the invite to your meeting last night. The BOE is grateful for your work and commitment to @CSS…National BoardJan 17
- .@NVNationalBoard is #NBCTstrong https://t.co/geOWxeQH7LNational BoardJan 17