Home Staff Accountant
Job Summary and Mission:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing all duties related to accounts payable. The Staff Accountant will also assist the Controller with daily and monthly financial accounting duties, budgeting and administrative functions as required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Review, audit and obtain approval for all invoices using the Concur invoice approval system.
- Process and mail checks weekly and review cash needs prior to processing payments.
- Research discrepancies with vendor statements and invoices and contact vendors as necessary.
- Oversee the timely submission of staff credit card expenses and payment to National Board’s corporate card company.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Manage and maintain W-9s and process and file annual 1099 returns.
- Assist with month end closing including preparing journal entries.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
- Manage and oversee offsite storage or organization’s documents.
- Support Controller in the management of all activities and programs assigned on an as needed basis.
- Provide administrative assistance to the CFO, Controller, Director of Finance, and other staff members of the Finance & Administrative Department as needed.
- Other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of Concur
- Knowledge of accounting software (MIP Fund Accounting or Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Strong business communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to meet goals and deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Capacity to work in a collegial environment that depends heavily on teamwork.
- Relationship management.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the National Board.
National Board Core Competencies:
- People Relationships: Builds collaborative relationships and leads and develop others
- Self-Growth: Self-management and self-development
- Results Focus: Plans, executes and drives results
- Thought Leadership: Analytical thinking and organizational insight
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Continuous standing, walking and sitting throughout the day.
- Travel required, including frequent out of state.
- Some light lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required
- Continuous typing and viewing of a computer screen may be required.
- Work performed at the National Board’s office. Travel sites vary in comfort.
- Must be able to calmly and effectively work with high stress situations.
Position Type and expected hours of work:
- Full Time
To Apply: Please submit your resume using the link below:
NBPTS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diversity in its hiring and employment practices.
- Watch now: @AFTunion, @NEAToday and education orgs host #PublicEdForum https://t.co/JwU3w0AgnGNational BoardDec 14
- Democratic hopefuls will be taking questions on #education at the December 14th @MSNBC debate in Pittsburgh. What e… https://t.co/hKUcH1I9NINational BoardDec 14
- RT @Pbrookins44: I'm loving my school visits today. Couldn't be more proud to lead the National Board and be with so many National Board Ce…National BoardDec 13
- RT @RPS535: Congrats to 3 amazing RPS AND nationally board certified teachers who were surprised today by MDE Commissioner @mcricker, NBCT…National BoardDec 13
- https://t.co/VSJJbHE2Kc https://t.co/wbGoBNuNmoNational BoardDec 13