Home Joe Doctor
Joe Doctor leads strategy development as well as programmatic operations for the National Board. His work on these fronts is focused on how the National Board can strengthen the professional career continuum for teachers and advance the teaching profession. He previously served as Senior Vice President, Strategy and Policy, as well as Special Assistant to the President, leading the development and implementation of the National Board’s strategic plan. He coauthored “Raising the Bar for Teaching” with Jal Mehta, arguing for adapting supports other professions have put in place as a strategy to elevate teaching.
Doctor joined the National Board in 2012. Previously, he was a manager at the Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit strategy consulting organization. His work there focused on developing breakthrough strategies for nonprofits, foundations and public school systems in K-12 education. Doctor has an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from Yale University and a doctorate in education leadership from Harvard University.
- RT @lorischneider_: Looking for guidance from any #nbct out there on #component2 which focuses on #instructionalpractice and #differentiati…National BoardSep 18
- We appreciate all recruitment efforts! #TeamNBCT 😉 https://t.co/wnxi3WKIYjNational BoardSep 18
- RT @Pbrookins44: We are thrilled to partner with @100Kin10. #STEM https://t.co/SkdxIAnJTUNational BoardSep 18
- RT @100Kin10: We are so excited to spend today at the beautiful @NYASciences space to celebrate and meet our newest partners. Welcome to th…National BoardSep 18
- Ruth Lopez Turley is leading a fight to try and close the education gap #HispanicHeritageMonth https://t.co/9iB5ZdM9dxNational BoardSep 18