Home Joe Doctor
Joe Doctor leads strategy development as well as programmatic operations for the National Board. His work on these fronts is focused on how the National Board can strengthen the professional career continuum for teachers and advance the teaching profession. He previously served as Senior Vice President, Strategy and Policy, as well as Special Assistant to the President, leading the development and implementation of the National Board’s strategic plan. He coauthored “Raising the Bar for Teaching” with Jal Mehta, arguing for adapting supports other professions have put in place as a strategy to elevate teaching.
Doctor joined the National Board in 2012. Previously, he was a manager at the Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit strategy consulting organization. His work there focused on developing breakthrough strategies for nonprofits, foundations and public school systems in K-12 education. Doctor has an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from Yale University and a doctorate in education leadership from Harvard University.
- Musselman's Myrtle Holland earns Distinguished Service Award for math teaching @MyrtHolland #NBCTstrong!… https://t.co/8VAM5xDG9HNational BoardMar 26
- RT @baughreads: PWCS has two more overview sessions for teachers interested in pursuing National Boards #PWCSNBCTS #NBCTstrong https://t.co…National BoardMar 26
- Get organized - Review the Submission at a Glance chart in your portfolio entry instructions & begin preparing your… https://t.co/FxKDxVyRpMNational BoardMar 26
- Get your voucher codes: We’ll begin emailing voucher codes on April 1. Log in to your National Board account to con… https://t.co/cN7tvmWkpZNational BoardMar 26
- Know your resources! Visit https://t.co/WF0wrRn6QL and read the Guide to Electronic Submission, study the technical… https://t.co/q0JZ1CxHkRNational BoardMar 26