Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @GinaWilsonNBCT: "I have found that attitude is everything — teachers who love teaching cultivate students who love learning." Alexandra…National BoardJun 18
- @KyNT3 @KYNBCTNetwork @SarahYost1 @hbloodworthH @CampbellsVoice @JanaBryant14 A job wonderfully done! Congratulations! #NBCTStrong 🎉National BoardJun 18
- RT @KyNT3: Celebrating at the @KYNBCTNetwork annual meeting that we surpassed our goal of 100 members before the end of our first year! AWE…National BoardJun 18
- Follow along on Instagram this week as we get to know our National Board Fellows! First up is @jaimefesta!… https://t.co/KlpFfNzbmqNational BoardJun 18
- Connect with Kids and Families This Summer! by @ritaplatt #NBCTStrong https://t.co/wwCxcLFayrNational BoardJun 18