Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- Congratulations to Kayla Turner, NBCT on her appointment to principal at Southside Middle! #NBCTStrong… https://t.co/xZu6VDUcZ4National BoardApr 23
- RT @MCSWV: ICYMI: McNinch Primary School teachers Nicole Majewski and Shawna Zervos were featured on @WTRF7News. They are among the first g…National BoardApr 23
- Volunteers expand Horizon Butterfly Garden with patio -- Great work @ElizabethBero1! #NBCTStrong https://t.co/LvYEpGEOyxNational BoardApr 23
- RT @CathyEKoehler: As library media specialist who is NBCT & has renewed, I know value of @NBPTS process to our practice. TY for sharing i…National BoardApr 23
- It is #SkillsForToday week! Join us in celebrating 21st century learning and the 4Cs! Follow #SkillsForToday as… https://t.co/fe8P25cbQwNational BoardApr 23