Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 112,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @EllenSherratt: Thank you #csgwest17 for the chance to discuss today #teachershortages and scaling accomplished teaching @NBPTSNBPTSAug 20
- RT @Mentorteacher4: Day 1 of #PGCPSJumpstart @NBPTS @Pbrookins44 60+ NBCT Candidates and Recertification NBCTs. We are on the move. https:/…NBPTSAug 19
- We are represented by @EllenSherratt at #csgwest17 are looking forward to discussing how to address teacher shortagesNBPTSAug 19
- "What Teachers Should Know and Be Able to Do" lays the foundation for #NBPTS Standards and Board Certification.… https://t.co/YAx0Q4obQ2NBPTSAug 19
- How @ChrisArenth, NBCT, realized she needed to be a louder advocate for her students: https://t.co/hVpg9qqkZINBPTSAug 18