Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 112,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @MandyRheaWrites: First day done and all the candidates survived their first foray into National Boards! #NEAJumpStart https://t.co/LKy9…NBPTSAug 16
- How @nivvita, NBCT developed an app that was catered to her instruction and meaningful to her students: https://t.co/6ibRnuB22t #NBCTstrongNBPTSAug 16
- Addressing early attrition is critical - consider compensation, #teacherprep & support + conditions: https://t.co/6qnO1z2MMz @LPI_LearningNBPTSAug 16
- New survey data shows just a slight increase in diversity: https://t.co/e6aPaXMYiENBPTSAug 16
- RT @LeahTerry2: NV team-Honored and grateful to be participating in the NB Professional Learning Facilitator training! #NEAjumpstart @NBPTS…NBPTSAug 16