Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 112,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @kmccannu32: @NBPTS @VTNBCT @VTEducation @vermontnea https://t.co/vlo8FcTQArNBPTSDec 12
- Research shows that comprehensively prepared teachers are more effective and twice as likely to stay in teaching as… https://t.co/mZqyV2WSq9NBPTSDec 12
- @thealisonhughes Alison - We anticipate releasing scores by noon, CST. Unfortunately, we're not able to provide a more precise time.NBPTSDec 12
- We're so excited to welcome 3 new members to our Board of Directors! https://t.co/NINsgLlti0NBPTSDec 12
- Our President and CEO @Pbrookins44 joined @MLeadership360 for an inspiring podcast. Listen in for her take on leade… https://t.co/Sp280DFDERNBPTSDec 12