Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @NatGeo: In honor of #EarthDay, our photo editors picked their favorite images showcasing our planet's remarkable beauty and immense div…National BoardApr 20
- RT @Pbrookins44: So amazing!! We stand with you to celebrate @MandyRheaWrites! https://t.co/fKJppRSlRUNational BoardApr 20
- RT @Pbrookins44: Don't miss this event and don't miss hearing from keynote @MandyRheaWrites #NBCTStrong! https://t.co/W1GULpjjJiNational BoardApr 20
- RT @CBSThisMorning: "I want to encourage people to have experiences outside of their understanding and I want educators to provide students…National BoardApr 20
- #NBCTStrong! So proud of Mandy and all the finalists! https://t.co/JomBL6MAgfNational BoardApr 20