Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 112,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- #PISA4U winning teams have arrived at #OECD in Paris to discuss their work in the programme. Congrats to all 6.000… https://t.co/D7Kpru50MKNBPTSOct 19
- Jessica Holloway #NBCTStrong Phantom Lake Elem is Wash. Art Educator of Year https://t.co/m1c8VSWPMg via @thebsd405 @waeaeducatorsNBPTSOct 19
- RT @NCTOY2004: This just made my day! Thank you, Dr. Sonja Brown @ncpublicschools , @Eedwards1210 Angela Farthing @ncae ! I ❤️working w/ y…NBPTSOct 19
- This Saturday, October 21 is a big day! Renewal results will be available! #NBCTStrong https://t.co/2DpmiUaAV0NBPTSOct 19
- How are high-performers using #teacherevaluation & appraisal? #EmpoweredEducators webinar 10/26 11AM ET @CtrEdEcon https://t.co/hFuaBlblxANBPTSOct 19