These third-party payer resources are designed for states, districts, and organizations interested in providing monetary support to candidates undergoing the National Board certification process.
If you are a candidate searching for funding, please visit the In Your State page to learn more about available resources. If you are not a third-party payer and you are interested in becoming a third-party payer. Read below.
Becoming a Third-Party Payer
Third-Party Payers are designated for states, districts, and organizations interested in providing monetary support to candidates undergoing the certification process. If your organization is interested in funding candidates, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Third-Party Payer Profile Form.
- Then we will create your National Board account and provide you with a Third-Party Payer ID number and a W-9 so that you can set us up as a vendor in your system
The National Board accepts the following forms of payment from third-party payers:
- Purchase orders
- Wire transfers
- ACH transactions
- Payments are due by the designated date provided on the Third-Party Payer Guide and may be submitted via mail or online using the Third-Party Payer web form
Fill out the Transmittal Memo
- A Transmittal Memo is the form that tells us exactly how to use your funds and must accompany all payments.
- Instructions on how to fill out the transmittal memo are included in tab one of the file or you can learn by watching our videos below
- Submit your Transmittal Memo along with your purchase order or note about your form of payment via the Third-Party Payer web form.
- 2022-23 Third-Party Payer Payment Process FAQ
- Applying Third Party Funds – Candidate Instructions
- Third-Party Payer Information Form
- Third-Party Payer Guide
- Third Party Payer FAQs
- State Incentives
- Ethical Guidelines
- Third-Party Payer Web form
- MOC Overview
- MOC Q&A
- MOC flyer for your stakeholders