Home Associate, Communications
The Communications and Engagement Associate facilitates National Board communication with networks, teachers, education leaders, and the public by producing, editing, and managing visual and written content for the National Board’s website, email communications and social media channels. Additionally, the associate will assist in developing and sending National Board messages for external distribution, including monthly email blasts, newsletters, marketing collateral, press releases and policy reports.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit web content, including blogs, newsletters and social media posts and maintain editorial calendars;
- Drive and implement all aspects of the National Board’s social media strategy;
- Manage content on the National Board website including working with staff and vendors on redesign and updating as needed;
- Strategize and work with internal and external project teams and initiatives to develop and implement communication and outreach plans;
- Partner with the Information Systems team to leverage new technologies and platforms for communication; create and manage email campaigns;
- Design, draft, edit and produce visual media including graphics for marketing collateral and policy backgrounders;
- Monitor social media conversations and track news related to education policy, the National Board and National Board Certified Teachers;
- Track social media, email and website analytics for evaluation and strategy;
- Help organize and coordinate Communications and Engagement team processes, projects, calendars and documents; coordinate with outside printers, designers, writers, communications firms and other vendors;
- Help coordinate and manage logistics for conferences and other events;
- Maintain contracts, releases and permissions and track expenses;
- Assist with media lists via Meltwater service; and
- Other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Summary of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field and 2- 3 years’ experience. A combination of knowledge and skills, and a record of accomplishment may be substituted for this education requirement.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities):
- Highly collaborative and flexible.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in the use of relevant software (Adobe Suite,) social media and web applications (Marketing Cloud or similar email platforms,) and experience with various content-management tools (e.g. WordPress and others.)
- Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in communications and marketing.
- Strong writing/editing skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with HTML and CSS.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the National Board.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume using the link below:
NBPTS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diversity in its hiring and employment practices.
- Amazing celebration of Dr King's legacy via remarkable National Board Certified Teachers @CollinsNBCT… https://t.co/dLeXf0gzEMNational BoardJan 21
- RT @Pbrookins44: Thanks to @NBCNews @NBCNightlyNews @LesterHoltNBC for highlighting two amazing National Board Certified Teachers #NBCTstro…National BoardJan 21
- RT @MichaelJDunlea: So excited @SueGrosser @Tabschools @joshtallant @Sdelaneytes @CollinsNBCT @amyherzog97 @ShaunBEdu @Glennr1809 so inspir…National BoardJan 21
- RT @jessicahouchins: Hubby and I are working on drafts of written commentary for C3. Thankful for the virtual cohort to inspire us to work…National BoardJan 21
- .@LesterHoltNBC https://t.co/uPQmFilGWCNational BoardJan 21