National Board certification provides Jackson educators with a pay raise! The state provides an annual salary supplement of $6,000 to eligible NBCTs for the life of the National Board certificate.
Learn more at an upcoming info session. Jackson State University recently hosted an information session. This virtual session covered the certification process, the support available at JSU, financial incentives and more. Watch the replay!
World Class Teaching Program
The Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative is one of six World Class Teaching Programs that supports Mississippi teachers as they seek National Board Certification. The state of Mississippi funds the World-Class Teaching Initiative at university campuses, and Jackson State University (JSU) is one of the institutions funded to support teachers through the Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative.
“Becoming Board Certified is the best thing I have done for my students, my community, and myself! I encourage every Mississippi teacher to join me in improving the educational opportunities for all students and ensuring a bright future for every child.” – Ja’Net Blackmon, Ed.S., Mississippi NBCT
The state of MS reimburses teachers for the cost of National Board certification. Teachers are reimbursed for the cost upon receipt of score reports.
Many teachers receive scholarships, grants, or work with their schools to use professional development funds for the certification fees. In addition, the reimbursement schedule allows educators to use the reimbursement one year to pay for components fees the next year – reducing the out of pocket expense.
Consider printing this document and sharing it with your principal: Considerations for Using Federal Funds to Support National Board Certification and Related Resources
- The Core Connections team is hosting a webinar this Thursday to help you going into the new school year! You'll get… https://t.co/k5NsseK4y9National BoardJul 26
- Be sure to subscribe to the National Board newsletter so you don't miss an update! #NBCTstrong https://t.co/O3uI2GdYXqNational BoardJul 26
- Take advantage of all the offerings your local National Board Network has to offer, including candidate support, an… https://t.co/cP87Sax9ylNational BoardJul 26
- RT @everydayiteach: Only 4% of US teachers are National Board Certification. We NEED to change this. This is for every teacher. NBCTs ar…National BoardJul 26
- Pa. education leaders call on schools to boost teacher diversity with stimulus funds https://t.co/QcanFegzl9 by @_emilyrizzo_National BoardJul 26