National Board certification provides Jackson educators with a pay raise! The state provides an annual salary supplement of $6,000 to eligible NBCTs for the life of the National Board certificate.
Learn more at an upcoming info session. Jackson State University recently hosted an information session. This virtual session covered the certification process, the support available at JSU, financial incentives and more. Watch the replay!
World Class Teaching Program
The Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative is one of six World Class Teaching Programs that supports Mississippi teachers as they seek National Board Certification. The state of Mississippi funds the World-Class Teaching Initiative at university campuses, and Jackson State University (JSU) is one of the institutions funded to support teachers through the Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative.
“Becoming Board Certified is the best thing I have done for my students, my community, and myself! I encourage every Mississippi teacher to join me in improving the educational opportunities for all students and ensuring a bright future for every child.” – Ja’Net Blackmon, Ed.S., Mississippi NBCT
The state of MS reimburses teachers for the cost of National Board certification. Teachers are reimbursed for the cost upon receipt of score reports.
Many teachers receive scholarships, grants, or work with their schools to use professional development funds for the certification fees. In addition, the reimbursement schedule allows educators to use the reimbursement one year to pay for components fees the next year – reducing the out of pocket expense.
Consider printing this document and sharing it with your principal: Considerations for Using Federal Funds to Support National Board Certification and Related Resources
- RT @Dacajet: @GrandPtl @OPLLpgcps @Mentorteacher4 @RainyaMiller @NBPTS @pgcpsnbct1 Recharge yourself tomorrow!🥰National BoardOct 22
- Columbus Municipal School District National Board Certification program could lead to better teacher retention, stu… https://t.co/uHncsMrYJwNational BoardOct 22
- "The bill would grant Pennsylvania certification to any candidate who holds a valid certificate issued by the Natio… https://t.co/8ezn3B8zYtNational BoardOct 22
- RT @JulianaUrtubey3: Standing next to the 2020 and 2021 State Teachers of the Year along with @POTUS @FLOTUS @SecCardona gave me a such hop…National BoardOct 22
- RT @WhiteHouse: This week at the White House, we celebrated the incredible achievements, sacrifices, and talents of teachers from across th…National BoardOct 22