National Board certification provides Jackson educators with a pay raise! The state provides an annual salary supplement of $6,000 to eligible NBCTs for the life of the National Board certificate.
Learn more at an upcoming info session. Jackson State University is hosting an information session April 13 at 6 PM. This virtual session will cover the certification process, the support available at JSU, financial incentives and more. If you think Board certification may be right for you, please register here. The session will be recorded if you aren’t able to attend live.
World Class Teaching Program
The Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative is one of six World Class Teaching Programs that supports Mississippi teachers as they seek National Board Certification. The state of Mississippi funds the World-Class Teaching Initiative at university campuses, and Jackson State University (JSU) is one of the institutions funded to support teachers through the Southwest Mississippi World-Class Teaching Initiative.
“Becoming Board Certified is the best thing I have done for my students, my community, and myself! I encourage every Mississippi teacher to join me in improving the educational opportunities for all students and ensuring a bright future for every child.” – Ja’Net Blackmon, Ed.S., Mississippi NBCT
The state of MS reimburses teachers for the cost of National Board certification. Teachers are reimbursed for the cost upon receipt of score reports.
Many teachers receive scholarships, grants, or work with their schools to use professional development funds for the certification fees. In addition, the reimbursement schedule allows educators to use the reimbursement one year to pay for components fees the next year – reducing the out of pocket expense.
Consider printing this document and sharing it with your principal: Considerations for Using Federal Funds to Support National Board Certification and Related Resources
- RT @TheJLV: I’m grateful to be on the @NBPTS’s Board of Directors. Yes, the national board of the National Board. We have to continually…National BoardApr 11
- RT @ssr1mathteachr: Check out this fantastic meeting about supporting national board certification in April 12! Join to learn more! 😊😊@N…National BoardApr 11
- RT @dmarigutierrez: I am proud to be a Texas NBCT! View my verified achievement from @NBPTS. https://t.co/HfF0FwMZSaNational BoardApr 11
- RT @pgcpsnbct1: Oh WOW! PGCPS NBCTs are at it again! Training new PLFs! #nbctstrong #pgcpspride #PLFTraining @Mentorteacher4 @NBPTS @pgcpsNational BoardApr 10
- @jessicahouchins Our customer support team will help you -- 800-22TEACHNational BoardApr 09