The National Assessment Governing Board has appointed five leaders from across the United States to serve four-year terms. These appointees will help determine policy for the Nation’s Report Card. Among those appointed are two National Board Certified Teachers: Mark Miller, eighth-grade teacher, and Nardi Routten, fourth-grade teacher.
“We are excited to have such a breadth of talent and expertise join the Board and contribute to a group of leaders who are dedicated to maintaining NAEP’s rigor and quality, while making the assessment useful and relevant for the public,” said Lisa Stooksberry, deputy executive director for the Governing Board.
Learn more about these incredible educators and about the National Assessment Governing Board on the U.S. Department of Education website.
- RT @NancyRoutson: Oh Facebook memories ... Six years ago I was in the same boat as our current cohort. I’m just as proud of you all for sti…National BoardApr 18
- RT @lmtclarke: Are you #nbctstrong and at the #carnegiesummit2019? I'd love to connect. Please join me tomorrow at one of the lunch meet-u…National BoardApr 18
- Some sad news - #NBCTstrong advocate Peggy A. Swoger has passed away. We are so thankful for the impact she had on… https://t.co/5szIXQUGPsNational BoardApr 18
- RT @joefdoctor: “There are no halcyon days of teacher professionalism to return to.” @rweingarten at #FreedomToTeach We will have to creat…National BoardApr 18
- RT @cprockholt: Capitalizing on the expertise of teachers learning and improving together. Dynamic trio @lmtclarke @lindseylee253 @SFUSD…National BoardApr 18