“Based on personal experience over many years, I believe that National Board Certification transforms teaching and elevates the teaching profession in profound ways. Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) presents districts with an opportunity to strategically support improving the quality of the teaching workforce including National Board Certification.”
Peggy Brookins, NBCT, President and CEO of National Board, reflects on results of a new report from the Center on Education Policy’s Listen to Us: Teacher Views and Voices and how ESSA presents opportunities for states and districts to give teachers a voice in education.
Read her piece in The Huffington Post.
- The 2018 Nomination Drive for the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching #PAEMST is… https://t.co/A2FBYauvHaNational BoardJan 18
- “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” Thank you teachers everywhere for… https://t.co/4dqfpYdHDSNational BoardJan 18
- Thanks to @MCPS for celebrating their highly accomplished teachers. https://t.co/JLbsVCTk8j #NBCTStrongNational BoardJan 18
- NBCT @Shancotton22 decided to pursue certification to prove to herself that she was an accomplished health teacher.… https://t.co/G85o6gtOAKNational BoardJan 18
- RT @e2schley: Look at our @KateNall! Another #amAZingNBCT at @bashabearnation #buildingbasha #NBCTStrong @ChandlerUnified @NBPTS https://t.…National BoardJan 18