“Based on personal experience over many years, I believe that National Board Certification transforms teaching and elevates the teaching profession in profound ways. Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) presents districts with an opportunity to strategically support improving the quality of the teaching workforce including National Board Certification.”
Peggy Brookins, NBCT, President and CEO of National Board, reflects on results of a new report from the Center on Education Policy’s Listen to Us: Teacher Views and Voices and how ESSA presents opportunities for states and districts to give teachers a voice in education.
Read her piece in The Huffington Post.
- How to Teach Internet Safety to Younger Elementary Students https://t.co/GHtDBooaWaNational BoardMar 16
- RT @drvickip: "When we hold high expectations for our teachers, they turn around and hold high expectations for their students." Educator @…National BoardMar 16
- RT @deb_ramm: True reflection of the @NBPTS process helps develop the craft #ForeverLearning https://t.co/5g4MrrARKjNational BoardMar 16
- RT @Pbrookins44: Content is also available here with additional resources (and a great video) https://t.co/NFMyIO4QzJ https://t.co/sI2yha3R…National BoardMar 16
- RT @KyDeptofEd: .@TheKCSD teacher @missbrown111 says the cost, time and effort of going above and beyond for @NBPTS are all worth it. http…National BoardMar 16