Frequently asked Questions
Q: Where can I find upcoming events and how do I register?
A. All upcoming webinars are listed on our website here: https://www.nbpts.org/core-connections/. We also highlight them on social media and send regular emails with our schedule.
Q: Do you need to be a candidate to participate? If yes, are they mandatory?
A. Our webinars are free and open to the public. In fact we encourage you to share information about our webinars with colleagues. Our goal is to support educators who in turn support students. None of the webinars are required — join us when you can and we hope you benefit from the information shared.
Q: For multi-day events, do I have to register/attend all days? Can I register for specific days?
A. Multi-day events are rare. However, if they do occur, register for relevant sessions and attend whenever you can. We’ll share a recordings if you’ve registered.
Q: Will recordings be available?
A. If you register for an event — even if you do not attend, you’ll receive an email 24-hours after its conclusion. That email will include the recording, slides and any resources we highlight during the event. We are not able to share the chat or a Q&A transcript.
Q: What if I didn’t register? Can I still view a recording and receive a certificate of attendance?
A. Replays are listed on our Core Connections page. The resources associated with each webinar include the replay, slides, a certificate of attendance and any other resources provided during the session.
Q: Where can I access event material/resources/slides? Can I print them?
A. All resources and slides will be distributed by email 24-hours after each webinar. You are welcome to print and use that material. We are not able to share the chat or a Q&A transcript.
Q: Do attendees get CPDUs/clock hours for completion?
A. Included in the follow-up material for most webinars is a certificate of attendance. You can submit that to your district or state, as appropriate, for CPDUs/clock hours. We are not able to provide customized certificates nor do we submit certificates on your behalf.
Webinars that provide information about the Board certification process are not considered professional development and do not include a certificate.
Q: How do I obtain a signed certificate of completion? (Are people who watch recorded events eligible for certificates of completion?)
A. The resources for webinars — accessed by email or our Core Connections page include the replay, slides and also a certificate of attendance. We expect that teachers will submit only certificates for events they viewed. Certificates are not customized but educators can insert their name individually.
- “Even math classes can use the event for a lesson, studying the economics of the ceremony and examining what taxpay… https://t.co/0oytoAhTUjNational BoardJan 16
- Exclusive: Sit-down conversation with new Fayette County Public School Board Chairman @TylerMurphyKY https://t.co/Z8nczBRN0ONational BoardJan 15
- Amid Surges, Teachers Line Up For Their Vaccines https://t.co/UweAp8idTnNational BoardJan 15
- In the Darkness, There Is Light: 6 Books That Shine Hope for Students and Teachers https://t.co/NK5xUBnfI2National BoardJan 15
- RT @MsPalofTeach: Starting on my @NBPTS MOC process! Feeling confident to start after laying out my evidence of accomplished teaching. Than…National BoardJan 15