Illinois now offers full reciprocity for out-of-state teachers. The minimum requirements for an Illinois Professional Educator License for educators trained in other states include a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate.
What incentives are offered to NBCTs teaching in Illinois?
- Illinois offers a one-time $3,000 incentive for NBCTs in eligible rural/remote school districts. Please check this list of eligible school districts again in late spring 2021, as more districts may be added due to the release of updated Census information and a possible update in statue for eligibility requirements. Also, many Illinois school districts offer incentives for NBCTs. Please inquire with the individual district (or teaching contracts are posted on each district website) to assure this incentive is still in place, as contracts can expire or change, and new schools are adding incentives as well.
How do I find open teaching positions in Illinois?
- The Illinois Education Job Bank lists open positions. You can filter open positions by location, grade level, subject/discipline, and other filters. Many positions for the 21-22 school year are posted beginning in early spring.
How do I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License?
- Obtain evidence/documentation of a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate, then apply: Application (isbe.net)
Once I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License and a teaching position in Illinois, how do I obtain the NBCT designation on my PEL?
- “Even math classes can use the event for a lesson, studying the economics of the ceremony and examining what taxpay… https://t.co/0oytoAhTUjNational BoardJan 16
- Exclusive: Sit-down conversation with new Fayette County Public School Board Chairman @TylerMurphyKY https://t.co/Z8nczBRN0ONational BoardJan 15
- Amid Surges, Teachers Line Up For Their Vaccines https://t.co/UweAp8idTnNational BoardJan 15
- In the Darkness, There Is Light: 6 Books That Shine Hope for Students and Teachers https://t.co/NK5xUBnfI2National BoardJan 15
- RT @MsPalofTeach: Starting on my @NBPTS MOC process! Feeling confident to start after laying out my evidence of accomplished teaching. Than…National BoardJan 15