Illinois now offers full reciprocity for out-of-state teachers. The minimum requirements for an Illinois Professional Educator License for educators trained in other states include a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate.
What incentives are offered to NBCTs teaching in Illinois?
- Illinois offers a one-time $3,000 incentive for NBCTs in eligible rural/remote school districts. Please check this list of eligible school districts again in late spring 2021, as more districts may be added due to the release of updated Census information and a possible update in statue for eligibility requirements. Also, many Illinois school districts offer incentives for NBCTs. Please inquire with the individual district (or teaching contracts are posted on each district website) to assure this incentive is still in place, as contracts can expire or change, and new schools are adding incentives as well.
How do I find open teaching positions in Illinois?
- The Illinois Education Job Bank lists open positions. You can filter open positions by location, grade level, subject/discipline, and other filters. Many positions for the 21-22 school year are posted beginning in early spring.
How do I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License?
- Obtain evidence/documentation of a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate, then apply: Application (isbe.net)
Once I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License and a teaching position in Illinois, how do I obtain the NBCT designation on my PEL?
- RT @alnbctnetwork: Apply to be a part of our team! Application is found at: https://t.co/I536Tr0nBB. @nbpts #teamnbct #phenomenALnbct #nb…National BoardApr 12
- RT @TheJLV: I’m grateful to be on the @NBPTS’s Board of Directors. Yes, the national board of the National Board. We have to continually…National BoardApr 11
- RT @ssr1mathteachr: Check out this fantastic meeting about supporting national board certification in April 12! Join to learn more! 😊😊@N…National BoardApr 11
- RT @dmarigutierrez: I am proud to be a Texas NBCT! View my verified achievement from @NBPTS. https://t.co/HfF0FwMZSaNational BoardApr 11
- RT @pgcpsnbct1: Oh WOW! PGCPS NBCTs are at it again! Training new PLFs! #nbctstrong #pgcpspride #PLFTraining @Mentorteacher4 @NBPTS @pgcpsNational BoardApr 10