Illinois now offers full reciprocity for out-of-state teachers. The minimum requirements for an Illinois Professional Educator License for educators trained in other states include a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate.
What incentives are offered to NBCTs teaching in Illinois?
- Illinois offers a one-time $3,000 incentive for NBCTs in eligible rural/remote school districts. Please check this list of eligible school districts again in late spring 2021, as more districts may be added due to the release of updated Census information and a possible update in statue for eligibility requirements. Also, many Illinois school districts offer incentives for NBCTs. Please inquire with the individual district (or teaching contracts are posted on each district website) to assure this incentive is still in place, as contracts can expire or change, and new schools are adding incentives as well.
How do I find open teaching positions in Illinois?
- The Illinois Education Job Bank lists open positions. You can filter open positions by location, grade level, subject/discipline, and other filters. Many positions for the 21-22 school year are posted beginning in early spring.
How do I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License?
- Obtain evidence/documentation of a bachelor’s degree and a comparable and valid educator license or certificate, then apply: Application (isbe.net)
Once I obtain an Illinois Professional Educator License and a teaching position in Illinois, how do I obtain the NBCT designation on my PEL?
- What Will Online Learning Look Like in 10 Years? News https://t.co/B6vnxq5g3hNational BoardSep 22
- Going through the National Board process allows teachers to hone their practice, showcase their talent in the class… https://t.co/OC3pfd6ivtNational BoardSep 21
- RT @Hunt_Institute: .@selmekki, @CenterBlackEd: "We're looking at supporting Black & Brown teachers getting @NBPTS certified as soon as pos…National BoardSep 21
- RT @MoWFilmFest: MOWFF serves as an educational space for educators and students. To this end, we partnered with @kmishmael from @squadbuc…National BoardSep 21
- RT @lizevansnbct: I firmly believe that National Board Certification can help social studies educators dig into their practice and transfor…National BoardSep 21