ATLAS, from the National Board, is a video case library that demonstrates effective approaches to teaching and makes accomplished practice accessible for in-service and pre-service teachers. Each case features a board certified teacher in the classroom. More than 1,300 cases include authentic unedited video, the teacher’s written reflection about the lesson, and related instructional materials.
A recent study found that teacher candidates who used ATLAS indicated ATLAS activities had a moderate to major effect on planning, instruction, and assessment. 93% of teacher candidates remarked that ATLAS was helpful in using assessment to inform instruction. The study sought to answer two questions:
- What are teacher candidates’ perceptions of ATLAS’s influence on their thinking about planning, instruction, and assessment?
- In what ways, if at all, does the ATLAS written commentary help teacher candidates attend to and reason through important events within classroom activity?
- .@ebjets Headmaster Mr. Brangiforte & Asst. Headmaster Ms. Blanco helped us celebrate three NBCTs Ms. Gorham, Ms. S… https://t.co/X6nqCwpBkCNational BoardDec 15
- Congratulations to all the NBCTs we celebrated yesterday at Brighton High School @BostonSchools @BTU66 @btulearns,… https://t.co/usGbMEHnupNational BoardDec 15
- @TheEnglishHS had three teachers certify this year in their building! Congrats to Cristina de Guzman, NBCT.… https://t.co/ZsRFBfEw5ANational BoardDec 15
- @TheEnglishHS was full of surprises yesterday as part of #TeamNBCT week @bostonSchools @BTU66 @btulearns. Headmaste… https://t.co/nTp7FvxT3qNational BoardDec 15
- RT @NBPTS: #TeamNBCT week continued @TheEnglishHS @BostonSchools with @BTU66 @btulearns! Don't you love when your headmaster bursts into yo…National BoardDec 15