ATLAS, from the National Board, is a video case library that demonstrates effective approaches to teaching and makes accomplished practice accessible for in-service and pre-service teachers. Each case features a board certified teacher in the classroom. More than 1,300 cases include authentic unedited video, the teacher’s written reflection about the lesson, and related instructional materials.
A recent study found that teacher candidates who used ATLAS indicated ATLAS activities had a moderate to major effect on planning, instruction, and assessment. 93% of teacher candidates remarked that ATLAS was helpful in using assessment to inform instruction. The study sought to answer two questions:
- What are teacher candidates’ perceptions of ATLAS’s influence on their thinking about planning, instruction, and assessment?
- In what ways, if at all, does the ATLAS written commentary help teacher candidates attend to and reason through important events within classroom activity?
- Join us in the #NBCafe this Tuesday at 8PM ET / 5PM PT for a Twitter chat. Join fellow #teachers in sharing strateg… https://t.co/3OHCnrRfRnNational BoardFeb 15
- RT @AAEteachers: We are proud to host the official #LoveTeaching Week Slow Chat! Join us each day for #LoveTeaching prompts. Comment, like,…National BoardFeb 14
- Thanks for being #NBCTstrong! https://t.co/eZPujzvJfyNational BoardFeb 14
- RT @WilsonRMHS: Happy Love Teaching Week! My colleagues are one reason I #loveteaching. Tagging just a few of my brilliant, creative teach…National BoardFeb 14
- Happy Valentine's Day from National Board! We are so grateful for the teachers in our lives! https://t.co/kZSRhkXWWGNational BoardFeb 14