ATLAS, from the National Board, is a video case library that demonstrates effective approaches to teaching and makes accomplished practice accessible for in-service and pre-service teachers. Each case features a board certified teacher in the classroom. More than 1,300 cases include authentic unedited video, the teacher’s written reflection about the lesson, and related instructional materials.
A recent study found that teacher candidates who used ATLAS indicated ATLAS activities had a moderate to major effect on planning, instruction, and assessment. 93% of teacher candidates remarked that ATLAS was helpful in using assessment to inform instruction. The study sought to answer two questions:
- What are teacher candidates’ perceptions of ATLAS’s influence on their thinking about planning, instruction, and assessment?
- In what ways, if at all, does the ATLAS written commentary help teacher candidates attend to and reason through important events within classroom activity?
- RT @NancyRoutson: Oh Facebook memories ... Six years ago I was in the same boat as our current cohort. I’m just as proud of you all for sti…National BoardApr 18
- RT @lmtclarke: Are you #nbctstrong and at the #carnegiesummit2019? I'd love to connect. Please join me tomorrow at one of the lunch meet-u…National BoardApr 18
- Some sad news - #NBCTstrong advocate Peggy A. Swoger has passed away. We are so thankful for the impact she had on… https://t.co/5szIXQUGPsNational BoardApr 18
- RT @joefdoctor: “There are no halcyon days of teacher professionalism to return to.” @rweingarten at #FreedomToTeach We will have to creat…National BoardApr 18
- RT @cprockholt: Capitalizing on the expertise of teachers learning and improving together. Dynamic trio @lmtclarke @lindseylee253 @SFUSD…National BoardApr 18