It is with great sadness we announce that Peggy A. Swoger, NBCT passed away on Sunday, April 14 in Alabama. She was 82.
Peggy was a member of the initial Board for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and positively impacted the lives of many educators. Peggy was an accomplished English teacher, fierce advocate for Board certification, and founding Director of Mississippi State University’s Word Class Teaching Program, and was instrumental in the formation of WCTPs across Mississippi.
Peggy will be missed. We are so thankful for the many lives she touched as an educator.
- RT @everydayiteach: Did you know nationally only 18% of Ts are people of color and nationally over 50% of Ss are people of color. It is ti…National BoardJul 18
- Principal Turnover: Insights from Current Principals https://t.co/zKCkgLLDitNational BoardJul 18
- RT @pgcpsnbct1: The National Board Certification process is an opportunity to build your capacity and be an example of continuous learning…National BoardJul 18
- RT @EASDpasquel: @NBPTS For me it was the reflection- did I accomplish the goal? what should I do next? how can I make this better? Did I m…National BoardJul 18
- RT @aqlobo: So lucky to represent and learn with these amazing @NBPTS educators. So many ideas to bring back to @ABQschools #NBCTStrong ht…National BoardJul 18