It is with great sadness we announce that Peggy A. Swoger, NBCT passed away on Sunday, April 14 in Alabama. She was 82.
Peggy was a member of the initial Board for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and positively impacted the lives of many educators. Peggy was an accomplished English teacher, fierce advocate for Board certification, and founding Director of Mississippi State University’s Word Class Teaching Program, and was instrumental in the formation of WCTPs across Mississippi.
Peggy will be missed. We are so thankful for the many lives she touched as an educator.
- RT @AZ_SusanC: There is nothing more hopeful than educators sharpening their skills. Ruthanne Buck @NBPTS #NBNow #amAZingNBCT 500 teachers…National BoardNov 16
- “There is nothing more hopeful than a room full of teachers pursuing their magic.” @ruthabuck https://t.co/Owb1v9keNNNational BoardNov 16
- “24,000 students will be positively impacted by the current National Board candidates in Arizona in one just one ye… https://t.co/GzrwLxFSb0National BoardNov 16
- Over 400 Arizona National Board candidates are filling a room to the brim this morning in Phoenix, learning about a… https://t.co/zFB8KTaU8ENational BoardNov 16
- ChicagoNow https://t.co/Dj0aseRdGK @WhiteRhinoRay #NBCTstrongNational BoardNov 16