It is with great sadness we announce that Peggy A. Swoger, NBCT passed away on Sunday, April 14 in Alabama. She was 82.
Peggy was a member of the initial Board for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and positively impacted the lives of many educators. Peggy was an accomplished English teacher, fierce advocate for Board certification, and founding Director of Mississippi State University’s Word Class Teaching Program, and was instrumental in the formation of WCTPs across Mississippi.
Peggy will be missed. We are so thankful for the many lives she touched as an educator.
- RT @Ebrowndavis: My @LockhartMagnet NB candidates are ready to learn more about @NBPTS rubrics ! Thank you @DrLaTonyaBarnes for the reminde…National BoardAug 10
- Most Teachers Concerned About In-Person School; 2 In 3 Want To Start The Year Online https://t.co/sE3cufwtTG by @NPRNational BoardAug 10
- Many kids struggle with reading – and children of color are far less likely to get the help they need. https://t.co/t1WZchOXgWNational BoardAug 10
- There's still time to join #NBCTstrong @neary_ann for her Zoom panel Black@: A Conversation About Race, Culture & C… https://t.co/P9EQlYr0LiNational BoardAug 10
- RT @CollinsNBCT: Join this amazing team. Help teach a Black curriculum created by black educators for black students! #nbctstrong #ProudCur…National BoardAug 10