Due to the impact of the pandemic on communities, schools and the teaching profession, the National Board provided all candidates an opportunity to extend their submission deadline to October 16, 2020 or defer their candidacy until Spring 2021. These changes led to the need to have multiple score releases for candidates in this cycle. The First Renewal Score Release occurred on October 31, 2020.
There are two score releases scheduled:
- December 12, 2020: Initial certification candidates who completed Component 1 testing by July 15, 2020 and/or submitted all components by June 12 (did not submit any components after June 12)
- February 27, 2021: Initial certification candidates who completed Component 1 testing after July 15, 2020 and/or submitted components after June 12 but by October 16. AND renewal candidates who submitted the Renewal Profile of Professional Growth by October 16.
Certificate Expiration Extensions
As part of our Covid-19 exception processing, NBCTs who chose to complete Certification Renewal during the 2019-20 cycle were provided with an extended submission deadline of October 16, 2020. However, due to scoring time constraints, it was not possible for us to release their renewal results prior to the current expiration of their certificate (November 2020). As such, we have extended their certificate expiration date to February 28, 2021 and their National Board accounts reflect this change. We are currently in the process of updating the NBCT Directory with the new expiration date and expect the updates to be completed by the end of December.
In addition, if a Renewal candidate chose to defer their submission deadline until Spring 2021, their certificate expiration date has been extended to November 2021.
The multiple score releases impact the way we are able to share data about new and renewed NBCTs. In general, NBCT data will be available after each score release and aggregate data will be available during Team NBCT Week, postponed until March 2021.
Available after each score release
- Updated NBCT Directory on the National Board website
Available as part of Team NBCT Week (March 2021)
- State and district rankings
- State profiles
The National Board remains committed to supporting those that support candidates, especially when connected to financial supports or incentives. If the additional score release and/or timing of the data release impacts your ability to support candidates and new NBCTs, please let us know.
The National Board Team
- Professional development in July: ECYA School Counseling assessors needed for 2021 virtual scoring safely from home… https://t.co/WDy2a7FM8XNational BoardJun 21
- RT @Pbrookins44: Congratulations to my friend @CollinsNBCT - a National Board Certified Teacher and member of @NBPTS Board of Directors for…National BoardJun 21
- Don't miss out on these effective writing instruction tips from National Board Certified Teacher @Larryferlazzo!… https://t.co/f4yQG5CTqUNational BoardJun 21
- Congratulations Billy Parker, NBCT! We love to see National Board Certified Teachers taking up leadership positions… https://t.co/udKLFDY5aqNational BoardJun 21
- RT @bennyLegrand: This year at @NBPTS free virtual #NBAcademy, speakers from all over the educational field will provide information on the…National BoardJun 21