It’s #TeamNBCT week and we’re celebrating all National Board Certified Teachers! And we’ve got exciting news!
We’re making available a digital badge that accomplished teachers can use to tell the world that they’re an NBCT. We are proud of your accomplishment and hope you will share your success with others.
The digital badge is portable and includes the details of National Board certification – NBCTs can show it off in an email signature, a digital resume, on a blog, on a website or on social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. The digital image is clickable and will take the viewer to a landing page describing what National Board certification is and how to achieve it.
Thursday, March 11, all active NBCTs will get an email from Credly – our vendor- with a link to get started. They’ll provide a link to create an account on Credly’s platform, where the digital badge can be accepted and managed Be sure to visit the Help Page if you have questions.
If you do not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of this week, please contact us at NationalBoard@nbpts.org.
National Board Digital Badge FAQs
Q: What is a digital badge?
A: A digital badge is a web-enabled version of a credential or certification that is verified as being valid. Only verified NBCTs can display this digital badge.
Q: What are the benefits of a badge?
A: Representing your National Board certification as a badge gives you a way to share your certification online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified. Badges provide employers and peers with concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn Board certification.
Q: Who is Credly / Acclaim?
A: Credly / Acclaim is the National Board’s digital badge vendor. They work with organizations to provide digital credentials to individuals, worldwide.
Q: What if I don’t want my badge to be public?
A: You can easily configure your privacy settings online. You’re in complete control of the information about yourself that is made public.
Q: Is there a fee to use Credly?
A: No. This is a service we provide to you, at no cost.
Q: Where and how can I share my badge through Credly?
A: You can share your badge directly from the Credly/Acclaim platform to LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook; over email; embedded in a website or in your email signature.
Q: I have a question about the Credly platform. Where can I find support?
A: You can find answers to frequently asked questions here: support.youracclaim.com
- RT @alnbctnetwork: Apply to be a part of our team! Application is found at: https://t.co/I536Tr0nBB. @nbpts #teamnbct #phenomenALnbct #nb…National BoardApr 12
- RT @TheJLV: I’m grateful to be on the @NBPTS’s Board of Directors. Yes, the national board of the National Board. We have to continually…National BoardApr 11
- RT @ssr1mathteachr: Check out this fantastic meeting about supporting national board certification in April 12! Join to learn more! 😊😊@N…National BoardApr 11
- RT @dmarigutierrez: I am proud to be a Texas NBCT! View my verified achievement from @NBPTS. https://t.co/HfF0FwMZSaNational BoardApr 11
- RT @pgcpsnbct1: Oh WOW! PGCPS NBCTs are at it again! Training new PLFs! #nbctstrong #pgcpspride #PLFTraining @Mentorteacher4 @NBPTS @pgcpsNational BoardApr 10