At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- Watch now: @AFTunion, @NEAToday and education orgs host #PublicEdForum https://t.co/JwU3w0AgnGNational BoardDec 14
- Democratic hopefuls will be taking questions on #education at the December 14th @MSNBC debate in Pittsburgh. What e… https://t.co/hKUcH1I9NINational BoardDec 14
- RT @Pbrookins44: I'm loving my school visits today. Couldn't be more proud to lead the National Board and be with so many National Board Ce…National BoardDec 13
- RT @RPS535: Congrats to 3 amazing RPS AND nationally board certified teachers who were surprised today by MDE Commissioner @mcricker, NBCT…National BoardDec 13
- https://t.co/VSJJbHE2Kc https://t.co/wbGoBNuNmoNational BoardDec 13