At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- .@ebjets Headmaster Mr. Brangiforte & Asst. Headmaster Ms. Blanco helped us celebrate three NBCTs Ms. Gorham, Ms. S… https://t.co/X6nqCwpBkCNational BoardDec 15
- Congratulations to all the NBCTs we celebrated yesterday at Brighton High School @BostonSchools @BTU66 @btulearns,… https://t.co/usGbMEHnupNational BoardDec 15
- @TheEnglishHS had three teachers certify this year in their building! Congrats to Cristina de Guzman, NBCT.… https://t.co/ZsRFBfEw5ANational BoardDec 15
- @TheEnglishHS was full of surprises yesterday as part of #TeamNBCT week @bostonSchools @BTU66 @btulearns. Headmaste… https://t.co/nTp7FvxT3qNational BoardDec 15
- RT @NBPTS: #TeamNBCT week continued @TheEnglishHS @BostonSchools with @BTU66 @btulearns! Don't you love when your headmaster bursts into yo…National BoardDec 15