At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Support for Candidates
Are you a National Board Candidate looking for support? Here are some resources to get you started.
- #NBCTstrong @KRScienceLady writes "Find the Bright Spots: A Virtual STEAM Story" https://t.co/TEdxO9XRqqNational BoardSep 18
- #NBCTstrong Melissa O'Brien takes over as assistant principal! Congratulations! https://t.co/RybSTNqhvvNational BoardSep 18
- Congratulations on the new car Dr. Andy Jackson. #NBCTstrong! @alnbctnetwork https://t.co/k3aUozMnsVNational BoardSep 18
- We are happy to finally announce the launch of Maintenence of Certification! The process is designed by teachers to… https://t.co/e4gOGBIrc8National BoardSep 18
- RT @teachingtall: Hold the phones! @NBPTS released the new #NBCTMOC directions today. Nervous, excited, ready! #letsdothis #NBCTStrong http…National BoardSep 18