At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- Equity for California students means an educator workforce with more National Board Certified Teachers. Add your na… https://t.co/EJK52zod9VNational BoardNov 22
- RT @ByckElem: Byck @NBPTS candidates working hard last night as we prepare to head into Thanksgiving break #NBCTStrong 💪 #wavemakers #WeAre…National BoardNov 22
- What great blog to resurface -- by @CohenD #NBCTstrong https://t.co/2mLJ4eBsqoNational BoardNov 22
- Professional development can be used to support National Board Certification! At least #OneMillionMore students des… https://t.co/NQiT1k3gxqNational BoardNov 22
- RT @kmccannu32: Intro: Welcome to the conversation regarding elevating our T voices and the collective voice of our profession. @NBPTS is…National BoardNov 22