At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @GenevieveDeBose: “We believe in educating ALL children and educating the WHOLE child.” - Dr. Sofia Freire YASSSS!!!! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 That’s wh…National BoardFeb 27
- “NBC changed my planning, my analysis of student learning, and the reflection I needed to help all students be succ… https://t.co/J6kYtlx1HYNational BoardFeb 27
- Dr. Marcus Foster is the subject of the next episode of the @CenterBlackEd #BlackHistoryMonth series. Dr. Foster wa… https://t.co/cb05X0fxBnNational BoardFeb 27
- This is worth celebrating! The excellence; the diversity; the impact on students across the region! Congratulations… https://t.co/MqlI7zz14QNational BoardFeb 27
- Boston is #NBCTstrong!! https://t.co/MdGwl3dq5mNational BoardFeb 27