At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @ambereenkb: Honored to be on a panel with @lbauld @tfitz7 @aromanonbc to discuss models of candidate support, including #NEAjumpstart.…National BoardJul 18
- RT @tholmessutton: Empowered @NBPTS leaders representing education communities across the country; Louisiana, Florida, Nevada, and Alabama…National BoardJul 17
- RT @tfitz7: @NBPTS It looks like passion for students and teachers. It looks like a group of game changers in education. It looks like coll…National BoardJul 17
- RT @kg87: This is my first Canva creation. Can't wait to bring this new learning into the school year. Very informative "A Crash Course in…National BoardJul 17
- RT @sdvarn: @HNBCT working hard in #nbacademy2018 Building Capacity workshop! Thank you @CTechEd @NBPTS for this wonderful learning opport…National BoardJul 17