At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @Pbrookins44: We're proud of the new #NBCTstrong teachers in @ocsd5! @scnbctnetwork https://t.co/yvLTzF73GzNational BoardJan 22
- Read Kyle's own words on our blog, The Standard! https://t.co/BMCSRMSEJVNational BoardJan 22
- Meet the Teacher: Kyle Bragg (@ElemPE1) honored as Elementary PE Teacher of the Year https://t.co/8XFVK7VrZdNational BoardJan 22
- RT @yaujauku: On Day 96 in 4B at #iNCIC we celebrated Dr. MLK Jr’s Dream by participating in the #PeaceSignsProject. Quite fitting after we…National BoardJan 21
- RT @richardklein01: I’m proud that Melissa is our partner @NBPTS — a National Board Certified Teacher!! #nbctstrong #nbfellow https://t.co/…National BoardJan 21