At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @DerekVoiles: Every profession begins in a classroom! #LoveTeaching https://t.co/9PAErrRWt7National BoardFeb 25
- RT @milne_shelly: @JanetBerg Our superintendent went all out. Beautiful awards for our NBCTs. It was a special night. #NBCTstrong https://t…National BoardFeb 24
- RT @SONJAHUNGNESS: Proud to have been honored by the State of Wisconsin DPI last night as a finalist for the PAEMST award! #NBCTStrong #STE…National BoardFeb 24
- RT @jenniferlhatch: National Board Sanity Saturday Session on a gorgeous day @UNCWWatsonEd facilitated by NBCTs @Sawyer4Chris @mrhallshero…National BoardFeb 24
- We'll be seeing you there! https://t.co/1hCo0n5UbWNational BoardFeb 24