At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @EllenSherratt: Thank you #csgwest17 for the chance to discuss today #teachershortages and scaling accomplished teaching @NBPTSNBPTSAug 20
- RT @Mentorteacher4: Day 1 of #PGCPSJumpstart @NBPTS @Pbrookins44 60+ NBCT Candidates and Recertification NBCTs. We are on the move. https:/…NBPTSAug 19
- We are represented by @EllenSherratt at #csgwest17 are looking forward to discussing how to address teacher shortagesNBPTSAug 19
- "What Teachers Should Know and Be Able to Do" lays the foundation for #NBPTS Standards and Board Certification.… https://t.co/YAx0Q4obQ2NBPTSAug 19
- How @ChrisArenth, NBCT, realized she needed to be a louder advocate for her students: https://t.co/hVpg9qqkZINBPTSAug 18