At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- RT @MandyRheaWrites: First day done and all the candidates survived their first foray into National Boards! #NEAJumpStart https://t.co/LKy9…NBPTSAug 16
- How @nivvita, NBCT developed an app that was catered to her instruction and meaningful to her students: https://t.co/6ibRnuB22t #NBCTstrongNBPTSAug 16
- Addressing early attrition is critical - consider compensation, #teacherprep & support + conditions: https://t.co/6qnO1z2MMz @LPI_LearningNBPTSAug 16
- New survey data shows just a slight increase in diversity: https://t.co/e6aPaXMYiENBPTSAug 16
- RT @LeahTerry2: NV team-Honored and grateful to be participating in the NB Professional Learning Facilitator training! #NEAjumpstart @NBPTS…NBPTSAug 16