At the National Board, we know that it’s important to get you all the information you need to supplement the work that you do to elevate the teaching profession. Whether you’re an interested candidate for National Board Certification or Renewal, a candidate support provider or an advocate for accomplished teaching, we’ve provided the documents, media and tools that you’ll need to move along your journey.
The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
Policy and Advocacy
These resources are designed to help teachers, policymakers, district administrators and other stakeholders advocate for policies that strengthen teaching by integrating Board certification and capitalizing on the expertise of Board-certified teachers.
Recruitment and Candidate Support
Are you looking to recruit and guide teachers in your state or district towards National Board Certification? Here are some resources to share within and beyond your networks to spread awareness of and provide support for Board certification.
- #PISA4U winning teams have arrived at #OECD in Paris to discuss their work in the programme. Congrats to all 6.000… https://t.co/D7Kpru50MKNBPTSOct 19
- Jessica Holloway #NBCTStrong Phantom Lake Elem is Wash. Art Educator of Year https://t.co/m1c8VSWPMg via @thebsd405 @waeaeducatorsNBPTSOct 19
- RT @NCTOY2004: This just made my day! Thank you, Dr. Sonja Brown @ncpublicschools , @Eedwards1210 Angela Farthing @ncae ! I ❤️working w/ y…NBPTSOct 19
- This Saturday, October 21 is a big day! Renewal results will be available! #NBCTStrong https://t.co/2DpmiUaAV0NBPTSOct 19
- How are high-performers using #teacherevaluation & appraisal? #EmpoweredEducators webinar 10/26 11AM ET @CtrEdEcon https://t.co/hFuaBlblxANBPTSOct 19