The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Renewal Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the renewal process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- Wednesday, June 3rd at 3PM ET for @ASCD is hosting their next #ASCDlounge chat. They are inviting #NBCTstrong educa… https://t.co/5dYhsohpdlNational BoardJun 02
- ICYMI: Join today's #CoreConnections webinar at 3pm ET! https://t.co/ZRFNU5UPWUNational BoardJun 02
- RT @DrewBakerHCPS: “We believe in the power of the teaching profession to defend what is good and right for all people.” https://t.co/PiADs…National BoardJun 02
- Join our webinar tomorrow and hear the voice of students. It's going to be great!! https://t.co/FpzgeXcB6XNational BoardJun 01
- RT @tanahoffman: So excited to be with @helloliteracy and @NBPTS !!! #proudMIeducator #NBCTStrong https://t.co/6TWDKrE9afNational BoardJun 01