The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Renewal Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the renewal process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- TEA is seeking Texas educators to participate in the Instructional Materials Quality Evaluation (IMQE) pilot by bec… https://t.co/SKfeiAxfJkNational BoardOct 22
- RT @ncte: #MondayMotivation: "Reading books is a healthy way to cope with the pain of growing up and it is my fervent belief that teachers…National BoardOct 22
- An Interview with Mandy Manning, 2018 National Teacher of the Year #NBCTstrong https://t.co/Ct4TVXE3M2National BoardOct 22
- #TeacherVoice https://t.co/3a4VbQwMC8National BoardOct 22
- RT @shelinawarren: @DunbarHSDC is proud to host the Student Gun Violence Summit today! We are all in when it comes to #youthvoice! @Dunbar…National BoardOct 22