The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Maintenance of Certification Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the Maintenance of Certification process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- #NBCTstrong @KRScienceLady writes "Find the Bright Spots: A Virtual STEAM Story" https://t.co/TEdxO9XRqqNational BoardSep 18
- #NBCTstrong Melissa O'Brien takes over as assistant principal! Congratulations! https://t.co/RybSTNqhvvNational BoardSep 18
- Congratulations on the new car Dr. Andy Jackson. #NBCTstrong! @alnbctnetwork https://t.co/k3aUozMnsVNational BoardSep 18
- We are happy to finally announce the launch of Maintenence of Certification! The process is designed by teachers to… https://t.co/e4gOGBIrc8National BoardSep 18
- RT @teachingtall: Hold the phones! @NBPTS released the new #NBCTMOC directions today. Nervous, excited, ready! #letsdothis #NBCTStrong http…National BoardSep 18