The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Maintenance of Certification Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the Maintenance of Certification process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- Congrats to Sara, a National Board Certified Teacher #NBCTstrong https://t.co/RKygqKm4LpNational BoardOct 24
- Making the Most of Synchronous Sessions in PBL https://t.co/GkrpQZqt4aNational BoardOct 23
- Do you require your students to turn on their cameras? #NBCTstrong https://t.co/jsJoXCnVlbNational BoardOct 23
- Which States Have the Biggest Home Internet Access Gaps for Students? https://t.co/5LvY76lb2dNational BoardOct 23
- RT @Mentorteacher4: Wearing orange today to Stomp out Bullying! As a teacher I am vigilant at all times. ⛔️ No Bullying Zones. #nobullying…National BoardOct 23