The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and Maintenance of Certification candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Maintenance of Certification Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the Maintenance of Certification process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- Alabama Superintendent Eric Mackey wants $68 million to pay annual $5,000 stipends to special education teachers, s… https://t.co/SpbZRdEGskNational BoardSep 23
- RT @SarahPayneNBCT: Support for National Board Certification or Maintenance of your Certificate @NBPTS https://t.co/At9cFW1tm1National BoardSep 23
- RT @TooDopeTeachers: Come see me discuss diversifying the educator development pipeline with Shayna Terrell of the Center for Black Educato…National BoardSep 23
- RT @AATSPglobal: Spanish & Portuguese teachers: we want to connect with you! Give us a like, RT, or comment, and we'll follow you! #langcha…National BoardSep 23
- If you're a science educator on any level don't miss your chance to join other science teachers from across the cou… https://t.co/ebVmM72CQbNational BoardSep 23