The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
- Choosing the Right Certificate
- Guide to National Board Certification
- Scoring Guide
- Component 1: Content Knowledge Assessment Center Policy and Guidelines
- EAYA World Languages Candidates Prerequisite FAQ
- Candidate FAQ
- Request for Testing Accommodations Form and Instructions
- Eligibility Verification Forms and Instructions
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions. For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below.