The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
We have updated portfolio instructions. Portfolio component instructions (Components 2, 3 and 4) for 2020-21 are now available. The updated General Portfolio Instructions will be posted the week of June 1. Updates to portfolio component instructions clarify Originality Requirements and guidance for ENS candidates.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- Be sure to join @maejemison for a live session on June 5th at 2:00pm ET in honor of World Environment Day on… https://t.co/Jn0gOEZOoINational BoardJun 04
- Socially Distanced : Voices of a Teacher and Her Students During a World Pandemic - a free downloadable book by… https://t.co/IxAuc5MUJYNational BoardJun 04
- RT @Bec_Chirps: 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼 https://t.co/5zulenRMIwNational BoardJun 04
- RT @alnbctnetwork: A special thank you to @GovernorKayIvey for your continued support! @nbpts #teamnbct #phenomenALnbct #nbctstrong #nbct #…National BoardJun 04
- #CoreConnections is taking a look into #equity! Join us today as we lead the first of a 3-part series to create equ… https://t.co/HOzhKcblvKNational BoardJun 04