The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @Pbrookins44: How is #NBCTstrong teacher @SarahBWessling Changing the World, One Student at a Time? Find out here - https://t.co/009Mwz7…National BoardSep 19
- RT @bienbct: True equity work happening at JKL Bahweting Anishnabe PSA! Thank you @BureauIndianEdu and @NBPTS !! This is just the beginni…National BoardSep 19
- RT @GovBoard: Don’t miss your last chance to RSVP today for our webinar on Sept. 19 to learn more about the nominations process directly fr…National BoardSep 19
- Any #NBCTstrong teachers or candidates with ideas to help Lori? https://t.co/tJQMs8BA5fNational BoardSep 19
- RT @msrodriguezNBCT: @NBPTS thank you! And thanks to great CA Legislators like @SenBenHueso @AsmEGarciaAD56 for their support of sound ed…National BoardSep 19