The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- Now that's #NBCTstrong! Amazing work, Justin! https://t.co/65f4XF4ZIiNational BoardSep 21
- RT @GoogleDoodles: It’s a beautiful day in this Neighborhood! Today’s #GoogleDoodle celebrates #MisterRogers, who taught children & adults…National BoardSep 21
- Rogers Public Education Foundation selects 2019 Wall of Distinction honorees -- Congratulations to Tom Woodruff, NB… https://t.co/8eNvvMXpy6National BoardSep 21
- #NBCTstrong! Excited for and proud of Melissa! https://t.co/Ly9xzvAtnINational BoardSep 21
- RT @VTruchan: @NBPTS Gilder Lehrman’s 2018 National History Teacher of the Year @nhsdwelch is #NBCTstrong! https://t.co/Cc081ZYttzNational BoardSep 21