The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- Important message to all #NBCTstrong teachers: We're hosting a Renewal webinar on October 3 at 8pm ET. Join us to l… https://t.co/jHyhxSR8dPNational BoardSep 20
- Join us for a webinar on September 23 to learn about pursuing National Board certification and have your questions… https://t.co/eSt14xEUbnNational BoardSep 20
- RT @Pbrookins44: Read @ClaudiaLadd1's latest blog in which she says Equitable education is the critical issue facing public education today…National BoardSep 20
- Happy Friday!! https://t.co/mwlkSs0d75National BoardSep 20
- RT @Pbrookins44: Why Students Need Black History All Year https://t.co/LNcKbrmVr2National BoardSep 19