The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions. For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below.
If you are using the Chrome browser, you may need to take these steps to open the documents: right-click on the document link and choose “open link in new tab.”
- It's your last chance to sign up! Join #NBCTstrong @MichaelJDunlea @Mrs_Schimizzi @aqlobo on Virtual to Hybrid to I… https://t.co/XAipkmqr8LNational BoardApr 15
- RT @NancyRoutson: Let me know if you need help!National BoardApr 15
- Be sure to visit the National Board Candidate Center with all the news tools and planning guides to help you on you… https://t.co/UdOHQhaUwCNational BoardApr 15
- Candidates can now schedule Component 1 testing. Log into your account now! https://t.co/6IHxm9WraW https://t.co/TWEIIWSe4hNational BoardApr 15
- Proposition 5: Teachers are members of learning communities #NBCTstrong Learn more about the Five Core Propositions… https://t.co/jKZoqxnXuJNational BoardApr 15