The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @DrLaTonyaBarnes: ... spending my Saturday facilitating @NBPTS ATLAS training for @AlabamaAchieves #NBCTstrong scholarship winners from…National BoardFeb 16
- RT @GANBCTnet: We are so proud of our @GANBCTnet @NBPTS Certified teachers for spreading awareness! Please contact us to start the @NBPTS…National BoardFeb 15
- Any plans for the long weekend? #NBCTstrongNational BoardFeb 14
- https://t.co/rMRohLcIuANational BoardFeb 14
- RT @MichaelJDunlea: The EdTech Genome Project- where I serve on the Teacher Agency group- aims to uncover which edtech tools work where, &…National BoardFeb 14