The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions. For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below.
If you are using the Chrome browser, you may need to take these steps to open the documents: right-click on the document link and choose “open link in new tab.”
- Looking to facilitate outdoor experiences during remote learning? Join @OutTeachEd and a group of #NBCTstrong educa… https://t.co/Q1alk4Ss1dNational BoardJan 22
- JCPS teacher turns inauguration into learning lesson for students https://t.co/P3wiZmOQmTNational BoardJan 22
- RT @DanBrownTeacher: .@everydayiteach is so great at everything she does. I wish every child could have a teacher and leader like her suppo…National BoardJan 22
- New Media Literacy Standards Aim to Combat 'Truth Decay' https://t.co/6wxFagxa6PNational BoardJan 22
- “Our goals in teaching history often determine what we teach and what we emphasize,” Hill said. “You can create lov… https://t.co/bCQcEs6RHMNational BoardJan 21