The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions. For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below.
If you are using the Chrome browser, you may need to take these steps to open the documents: right-click on the document link and choose “open link in new tab.”
- You’ve likely heard a lot about the National Board Certification process and what it means to be a National Board C… https://t.co/ww4WhgekEcNational BoardJul 29
- "National Board Certification is the gift I gave to myself and to my students. It has bonded me to my profession. I… https://t.co/uHEegz9xdUNational BoardJul 29
- RT @OutTeachEd: Our good friends at @NBPTS have this list of handy upcoming webinars to help all teachers make the coming year great. #Educ…National BoardJul 29
- $4.3 million NSF Noyce grant will help Nebraska science teachers grow, Noyce Master Teacher Fellows will also compl… https://t.co/vxJYFlzos2National BoardJul 29
- RT @MrDevyDev: Any high school Baseball coaches following me!? I’m considering restarting the team next academic year but I’ve never coac…National BoardJul 29