The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @Pbrookins44: We're proud of the new #NBCTstrong teachers in @ocsd5! @scnbctnetwork https://t.co/yvLTzF73GzNational BoardJan 22
- Read Kyle's own words on our blog, The Standard! https://t.co/BMCSRMSEJVNational BoardJan 22
- Meet the Teacher: Kyle Bragg (@ElemPE1) honored as Elementary PE Teacher of the Year https://t.co/8XFVK7VrZdNational BoardJan 22
- RT @yaujauku: On Day 96 in 4B at #iNCIC we celebrated Dr. MLK Jr’s Dream by participating in the #PeaceSignsProject. Quite fitting after we…National BoardJan 21
- RT @richardklein01: I’m proud that Melissa is our partner @NBPTS — a National Board Certified Teacher!! #nbctstrong #nbfellow https://t.co/…National BoardJan 21