The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- RT @aqlobo: Can’t wait for this episode @HallwayRenegade #equity https://t.co/BXkWdgNBJbNational BoardMay 24
- RT @JLedTeach: Last day of the 2018-19 school year. Just looked up & noticed this wonderful little friend above my desk. I made this in 201…National BoardMay 24
- RT @pdkintl: What can states’ ESSA plans tell us about their efforts to improve equity in teacher quality? #edequity @nctq @NBPTS @GTLCente…National BoardMay 24
- #NBCafe conversation continues with the #NBCT hosted @HallwayRenegades Podcast. New episode on #equity in education… https://t.co/7EberQyWMLNational BoardMay 24
- Arkansas is #NBCTstrong @ATNBCnetwork https://t.co/apP2QyhrrgNational BoardMay 24