The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions.
For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below:
- Educators tout benefits of national board certification #NBCTstrong! https://t.co/pkEB2Hs2PqNational BoardApr 22
- RT @MichaelJDunlea: Ten years ago I had a class of students who gave me this tree as an end of the year gift. It’s a beautiful and constant…National BoardApr 22
- Who will it be? @CBSThisMorning will reveal the 2019 National Teacher of the Year on Wednesday. Meet the 4 finalist… https://t.co/Iw8VS9C8yJNational BoardApr 22
- RT @NancyRoutson: Oh Facebook memories ... Six years ago I was in the same boat as our current cohort. I’m just as proud of you all for sti…National BoardApr 18
- RT @lmtclarke: Are you #nbctstrong and at the #carnegiesummit2019? I'd love to connect. Please join me tomorrow at one of the lunch meet-u…National BoardApr 18