Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @ambereenkb: Honored to be on a panel with @lbauld @tfitz7 @aromanonbc to discuss models of candidate support, including #NEAjumpstart.…National BoardJul 18
- RT @tholmessutton: Empowered @NBPTS leaders representing education communities across the country; Louisiana, Florida, Nevada, and Alabama…National BoardJul 17
- RT @tfitz7: @NBPTS It looks like passion for students and teachers. It looks like a group of game changers in education. It looks like coll…National BoardJul 17
- RT @kg87: This is my first Canva creation. Can't wait to bring this new learning into the school year. Very informative "A Crash Course in…National BoardJul 17
- RT @sdvarn: @HNBCT working hard in #nbacademy2018 Building Capacity workshop! Thank you @CTechEd @NBPTS for this wonderful learning opport…National BoardJul 17