Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @Mcepero: The first Broward National Board orientation session for new candidates gave participants an understanding of the “Why” NBCT i…National BoardNov 15
- @reviews_and_mor We suggest contacting local candidate support or our customer service team. They can help with spe… https://t.co/X8brF2J33BNational BoardNov 15
- RT @SuzanneFarmer: .@hogsettschool teachers viewing & discussing @NBPTS ATLAS video case during PLCs today. Watching the architecture of ac…National BoardNov 14
- @ontheBalledu @CCSSO @AEF_Program Go Kara, go! #NBCTstrongNational BoardNov 14
- RT @NEAToday: Happy ESP Day to all of our Education Support Professionals! Thank you for all you do to give students a safe, healthy, and s…National BoardNov 14