Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- Thanks to the @Raiders for celebrating @JulianaUrtubey3 -- the National Teacher of the Year and a National Board Ce… https://t.co/rWi97U6NBVNational BoardMay 14
- RT @MSProfEd: Tamra Mills, a 25-year veteran educator who teaches at Newton County Elementary & lectures @CollegeofEd_MSU, was recently ele…National BoardMay 14
- RT @TexasNBCT: Hi Friends! @EctorCountyISD has posted a job for a National Board coordinator, who will be responsible for growing the NB pr…National BoardMay 14
- RT @tholmessutton: Still embracing the beautiful celebration of @JulianaUrtubey3 Juliana Urtubey, #NBCT @CCSSO National Teacher of the Year…National BoardMay 14
- RT @alnbctnetwork: Meet the @alnbctnetwork newest Board Members! Thank you for your commitment to the profession! @nbpts #nbct #alnbct #p…National BoardMay 14