Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @GenevieveDeBose: “We believe in educating ALL children and educating the WHOLE child.” - Dr. Sofia Freire YASSSS!!!! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 That’s wh…National BoardFeb 27
- “NBC changed my planning, my analysis of student learning, and the reflection I needed to help all students be succ… https://t.co/J6kYtlx1HYNational BoardFeb 27
- Dr. Marcus Foster is the subject of the next episode of the @CenterBlackEd #BlackHistoryMonth series. Dr. Foster wa… https://t.co/cb05X0fxBnNational BoardFeb 27
- This is worth celebrating! The excellence; the diversity; the impact on students across the region! Congratulations… https://t.co/MqlI7zz14QNational BoardFeb 27
- Boston is #NBCTstrong!! https://t.co/MdGwl3dq5mNational BoardFeb 27