Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @MSProfEd: MPE Deputy Director @barbie_fergi received her National Board renewal certificate! We are so proud of her and thankful for a…National BoardJan 17
- "I had two choices, give up or get it done." Check out the latest blog from @GuerraCCSD on her path to Board Certif… https://t.co/9NzglpIoU5National BoardJan 17
- Hey y'all! #NBCTstrong https://t.co/saHcsaw2KB https://t.co/25smGrcLMGNational BoardJan 17
- RT @sgullixson: Thank you, @CSSD11 DAC, for the invite to your meeting last night. The BOE is grateful for your work and commitment to @CSS…National BoardJan 17
- .@NVNationalBoard is #NBCTstrong https://t.co/geOWxeQH7LNational BoardJan 17