Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 118,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @HopeStreetGroup: Rooted in research, Big Island @HSG_HI Teacher Fellow @MMyrmo describes the type of school leadership that supports st…National BoardNov 20
- Tupelo High School program trains future educators https://t.co/nOwBcSOQuq via @DJournalnowNational BoardNov 19
- RT @SJohnston711: Q1: Being a teacher leader means working with adult learners. How is working with adults different from/similar to worki…National BoardNov 19
- We want to hear from all of you - even if you're just following along! #NBCTstrong https://t.co/ISqgt3t1LONational BoardNov 19
- RT @CoalitionSafe: Why are Ss resorting to extreme acts of violence at school? Those questions & many others to be discussed @TeachtoLead…National BoardNov 19