Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- You’ve likely heard a lot about the National Board Certification process and what it means to be a National Board C… https://t.co/ww4WhgekEcNational BoardJul 29
- "National Board Certification is the gift I gave to myself and to my students. It has bonded me to my profession. I… https://t.co/uHEegz9xdUNational BoardJul 29
- RT @OutTeachEd: Our good friends at @NBPTS have this list of handy upcoming webinars to help all teachers make the coming year great. #Educ…National BoardJul 29
- $4.3 million NSF Noyce grant will help Nebraska science teachers grow, Noyce Master Teacher Fellows will also compl… https://t.co/vxJYFlzos2National BoardJul 29
- RT @MrDevyDev: Any high school Baseball coaches following me!? I’m considering restarting the team next academic year but I’ve never coac…National BoardJul 29