Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- Be sure to join @maejemison for a live session on June 5th at 2:00pm ET in honor of World Environment Day on… https://t.co/Jn0gOEZOoINational BoardJun 04
- Socially Distanced : Voices of a Teacher and Her Students During a World Pandemic - a free downloadable book by… https://t.co/IxAuc5MUJYNational BoardJun 04
- RT @Bec_Chirps: 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼 https://t.co/5zulenRMIwNational BoardJun 04
- RT @alnbctnetwork: A special thank you to @GovernorKayIvey for your continued support! @nbpts #teamnbct #phenomenALnbct #nbctstrong #nbct #…National BoardJun 04
- #CoreConnections is taking a look into #equity! Join us today as we lead the first of a 3-part series to create equ… https://t.co/HOzhKcblvKNational BoardJun 04