Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @CBSThisMorning: For #BlackHistoryMonth, 2019 National Teacher of the Year @RodRobinsonRVA shares why Fred Hampton is his #trailblazer:…National BoardFeb 21
- RT @MichaelJDunlea: Polina Dineva, a 2019-2020 NJ Watershed Ambassador Rancocas Creek Watershed, teaching us about protecting what we love,…National BoardFeb 21
- RT @ExQKnowHow: Can Executive Function Skills be a School-wide Focus? Yes! We say yes it can--and should! https://t.co/yQI7JTjmnN via @nbp…National BoardFeb 21
- RT @SuzanneFarmer: .@maxwellwise please support SB 174 that makes @NBPTS a rank change (3 to 2, or 2 to 1) and not just rank 2 to 1. Huge…National BoardFeb 21
- RT @AndreaHajek: Congratulations to the newly certified and renewed class of @NBPTS certified teachers. Did you know @APSVirginia has 12% o…National BoardFeb 21