Every student deserves to be taught by an accomplished teacher
National Board Certification was designed to develop, retain and recognize accomplished teachers and to generate ongoing improvement in schools nationwide. It is the most respected professional certification available in K-12 education.
Created by teachers, for teachers, the National Board Standards represent a consensus among educators about what accomplished teachers should know and be able to do. Board certification is available in 25 certificate areas spanning 16 disciplines from Pre-K through 12th grade.
The certification process requires that teachers demonstrate standards-based evidence of the positive effect they have on student learning in alignment with the Five Core Propositions. They must exhibit a deep understanding of their students, content knowledge, use of data and assessments and teaching practice. They must also show that they participate in learning communities and provide evidence of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
More than 125,000 teachers across the United States have achieved Board certification.
Join the growing ranks of accomplished teachers!
- RT @Dacajet: @GrandPtl @OPLLpgcps @Mentorteacher4 @RainyaMiller @NBPTS @pgcpsnbct1 Recharge yourself tomorrow!🥰National BoardOct 22
- Columbus Municipal School District National Board Certification program could lead to better teacher retention, stu… https://t.co/uHncsMrYJwNational BoardOct 22
- "The bill would grant Pennsylvania certification to any candidate who holds a valid certificate issued by the Natio… https://t.co/8ezn3B8zYtNational BoardOct 22
- RT @JulianaUrtubey3: Standing next to the 2020 and 2021 State Teachers of the Year along with @POTUS @FLOTUS @SecCardona gave me a such hop…National BoardOct 22
- RT @WhiteHouse: This week at the White House, we celebrated the incredible achievements, sacrifices, and talents of teachers from across th…National BoardOct 22