The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards is mourning the death of Jackie Lynn Dillard Parker, NBCT. She was a champion for the National Board process for years and was particularly impactful in her state of Mississippi. Parker, a National Board Certified teacher herself, devoted her life to public education as a master teacher, program director and innovative educational leader at many levels in Mississippi.
In addition to her work in Mississippi schools, she served as primary contact for the National Board scholarships in Mississippi and helped to design and implement grant programs designed to connect early career teachers to the Five Core Propositions, establishing a pipeline for accomplished teaching that continues to enhance Mississippi classrooms today. Dr. Parker was chosen as Mississippi’s Teacher of the Year in 2000. She later affiliated with the University of Mississippi as Director of the National Board Certification Program for 12 years.
She enjoyed traveling with her sister, Charline and her dogs, but her greatest gift to humanity was her selfless giving of her time, talents and resources to others. The state’s teachers and students benefited from Dillard’s hard work and commitment. That will be her essential legacy.
- RT @alnbctnetwork: Apply to be a part of our team! Application is found at: https://t.co/I536Tr0nBB. @nbpts #teamnbct #phenomenALnbct #nb…National BoardApr 12
- RT @TheJLV: I’m grateful to be on the @NBPTS’s Board of Directors. Yes, the national board of the National Board. We have to continually…National BoardApr 11
- RT @ssr1mathteachr: Check out this fantastic meeting about supporting national board certification in April 12! Join to learn more! 😊😊@N…National BoardApr 11
- RT @dmarigutierrez: I am proud to be a Texas NBCT! View my verified achievement from @NBPTS. https://t.co/HfF0FwMZSaNational BoardApr 11
- RT @pgcpsnbct1: Oh WOW! PGCPS NBCTs are at it again! Training new PLFs! #nbctstrong #pgcpspride #PLFTraining @Mentorteacher4 @NBPTS @pgcpsNational BoardApr 10