February 20, 2018 marks Kentucky’s celebration of 316 new NBCTs. Peggy Brookins, President & CEO of National Board for Professional Teaching Standards remarked, “I could not be more proud of Kentucky’s 316 new National Board Certified Teachers. This is an accomplishment for the teachers but I can’t overstate the impact it will have on students. NBCTs have an oversized impact on student learning and these teachers, 70 percent of whom teach in high-needs Title I schools, are working with students who need them most. Every student deserves a teacher whose practice meets the highest standards in the field. Great work, Kentucky!”
February 20 was also declared “National Board Certified Teacher day” by Governor Matt Bevin. Read more.
- RT @Andrea_Trudeau: SO fun having lunch with my 4th grade teacher today. She is a big reason why I became an educator! ❤️ #teacherappreciat…National BoardJul 20
- We've got that #FridayFeeling! https://t.co/KXCtdrTEPwNational BoardJul 20
- RT @NASAhistory: It's #NationalMoonDay! History was made 49 years ago #today when the first humans set foot on the Moon during Apollo 11. W…National BoardJul 20
- @barbie_fergi Wonderful! #NBCTstrongNational BoardJul 20
- RT @UCLANBPTS: The 2018 National Board Academy is over but we’re still feeling #NBCaliStrong Excited about working together to support all…National BoardJul 20