Nevada’s Governor Sandoval has proclaimed November 16 as National Board Certified Teacher Day in Nevada. This comes the same week that Board-certified teacher Pilar Biller of Washoe County was named the state’s teacher of the year. In the 2016-2017 school year, Clark County, including Las Vegas, had the second highest number of candidates pursuing National Board certification in the country and the state’s rural counties report a 600% increase in the number of teachers pursuing Board certification.
- Watch now: @AFTunion, @NEAToday and education orgs host #PublicEdForum https://t.co/JwU3w0AgnGNational BoardDec 14
- Democratic hopefuls will be taking questions on #education at the December 14th @MSNBC debate in Pittsburgh. What e… https://t.co/hKUcH1I9NINational BoardDec 14
- RT @Pbrookins44: I'm loving my school visits today. Couldn't be more proud to lead the National Board and be with so many National Board Ce…National BoardDec 13
- RT @RPS535: Congrats to 3 amazing RPS AND nationally board certified teachers who were surprised today by MDE Commissioner @mcricker, NBCT…National BoardDec 13
- https://t.co/VSJJbHE2Kc https://t.co/wbGoBNuNmoNational BoardDec 13