Nevada’s Governor Sandoval has proclaimed November 16 as National Board Certified Teacher Day in Nevada. This comes the same week that Board-certified teacher Pilar Biller of Washoe County was named the state’s teacher of the year. In the 2016-2017 school year, Clark County, including Las Vegas, had the second highest number of candidates pursuing National Board certification in the country and the state’s rural counties report a 600% increase in the number of teachers pursuing Board certification.
- Educators, what are your thoughts on a 4 day school week?National BoardAug 15
- RT @TcWhite1: @NBPTS model has a lot to teach states interested in #RethinkingRelicensure - Learn more in our new report! https://t.co/rmrp…National BoardAug 15
- This School Year, Let's Show What Happens When Parents and Teachers Work as a Team by the #NBCTstrong @wise1teach!… https://t.co/K4blWHyCDzNational BoardAug 15
- #NBCTstrong! 📚 https://t.co/niJIjXCBbnNational BoardAug 14
- RT @NPR: How do you teach kids to be active participants in government? One expert suggests starting civics classes as early as kindergarte…National BoardAug 14