Nevada’s Governor Sandoval has proclaimed November 16 as National Board Certified Teacher Day in Nevada. This comes the same week that Board-certified teacher Pilar Biller of Washoe County was named the state’s teacher of the year. In the 2016-2017 school year, Clark County, including Las Vegas, had the second highest number of candidates pursuing National Board certification in the country and the state’s rural counties report a 600% increase in the number of teachers pursuing Board certification.
- As you go back to school this fall, what education-related issues should policy makers and political candidates be thinking about?National BoardAug 17
- The Arizona K12 Center announced that through the Arizona Teachers Academy they have funding for 200 teachers to se… https://t.co/xXtXyAcRvNNational BoardAug 16
- 15 million children living in extreme poverty in the US face the fear of not having the supplies to learn or not kn… https://t.co/8gF1vMxrxiNational BoardAug 16
- RT @NBPTS: As you get ready to head back to school, what do you most need for your classroom? Tweet us what else teachers may need! #BackTo…National BoardAug 13
- Pediatricians Group Warns That Racism Is Harmful To The Health Of Children https://t.co/7cufunrhOfNational BoardAug 13