ARLINGTON, VA — November 20, 2015 — The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) are pleased to announce an alliance that will, in the future, enable the National Board to expand National Board Certification to teachers of world languages other than French and Spanish. Nationwide, more than 110,000 teachers have achieved National Board Certification, with 1,936 in the World Language certificate area, demonstrating that they have met the profession’s standards for accomplished practice through a rigorous, performance-based, peer-review process. Working together, the National Board and ACTFL aim to further professional community building in world languages departments, strengthen the teaching of world languages, and increase the number of world languages students who learn from accomplished, Board-certified teachers. Updates will be provided as additional information becomes available.
- @KylaMJohnson @summergal8188 Follow the #whatbookclub hashtag tonight starting at 8 PM EST!National BoardSep 23
- Tonight, tonight!! Join the #whatbookclub - it's not too late to get to reading about Core Prop 1 here:… https://t.co/7De0OFOoGTNational BoardSep 23
- Now that's #NBCTstrong! Amazing work, Justin! https://t.co/65f4XF4ZIiNational BoardSep 21
- RT @GoogleDoodles: It’s a beautiful day in this Neighborhood! Today’s #GoogleDoodle celebrates #MisterRogers, who taught children & adults…National BoardSep 21
- Rogers Public Education Foundation selects 2019 Wall of Distinction honorees -- Congratulations to Tom Woodruff, NB… https://t.co/8eNvvMXpy6National BoardSep 21