I have the good fortune of leading one of the country’s outstanding education organizations. The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards does many things – we define the standards of accomplished teaching; we run an assessment certifying that teachers teach to those standards; and we advocate for policy that integrates National Board Certification and capitalizes on the expertise of NBCTs.
With all the work we do in our National Board offices, I get the most pleasure out of my work when I’m with classroom teachers and their students, seeing our impact firsthand. It’s you, the teachers who have earned and are currently pursuing Board certification that make this work worthwhile. You are the difference makers and more often than ever, Americans stand with you!
We stand with you and are grateful as we watch your deep commitment to your students and their learning.
We stand with you as you speak up and drive change when teacher pay or working conditions make it more challenging for you to teach to the highest standards our profession has established.
We stand with you as you are too often on the front lines as violence erupts in schools and you work with students to persevere and maintain conditions for ongoing learning.
And we stand with you every day when young people from all backgrounds rely on you to help them face personal and academic challenges so they can make their lives better.
Teachers make a difference for their students and their communities. You are leaders inside classrooms and beyond. You deserve respect, appreciation and genuine gratitude for all that you do.
And, on this Teacher Appreciation Week, I want you to know that the National Board stands behind you. We support you and we’re working to expand the ranks of National Board Certified Teachers so even more students benefit from the expertise and commitment of highly accomplished teachers.
I urge you to stand with us! Talk to your colleagues about Board certification and encourage them to pursue this important step. Recommend a colleague to us and we’ll contact them and share resources. Help us advance the profession so even more Americans can see the impact of National Board Certified Teachers on the children in their lives.
- RT @Ebrowndavis: My @LockhartMagnet NB candidates are ready to learn more about @NBPTS rubrics ! Thank you @DrLaTonyaBarnes for the reminde…National BoardAug 10
- Most Teachers Concerned About In-Person School; 2 In 3 Want To Start The Year Online https://t.co/sE3cufwtTG by @NPRNational BoardAug 10
- Many kids struggle with reading – and children of color are far less likely to get the help they need. https://t.co/t1WZchOXgWNational BoardAug 10
- There's still time to join #NBCTstrong @neary_ann for her Zoom panel Black@: A Conversation About Race, Culture & C… https://t.co/P9EQlYr0LiNational BoardAug 10
- RT @CollinsNBCT: Join this amazing team. Help teach a Black curriculum created by black educators for black students! #nbctstrong #ProudCur…National BoardAug 10