I have the good fortune of leading one of the country’s outstanding education organizations. The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards does many things – we define the standards of accomplished teaching; we run an assessment certifying that teachers teach to those standards; and we advocate for policy that integrates National Board Certification and capitalizes on the expertise of NBCTs.
With all the work we do in our National Board offices, I get the most pleasure out of my work when I’m with classroom teachers and their students, seeing our impact firsthand. It’s you, the teachers who have earned and are currently pursuing Board certification that make this work worthwhile. You are the difference makers and more often than ever, Americans stand with you!
We stand with you and are grateful as we watch your deep commitment to your students and their learning.
We stand with you as you speak up and drive change when teacher pay or working conditions make it more challenging for you to teach to the highest standards our profession has established.
We stand with you as you are too often on the front lines as violence erupts in schools and you work with students to persevere and maintain conditions for ongoing learning.
And we stand with you every day when young people from all backgrounds rely on you to help them face personal and academic challenges so they can make their lives better.
Teachers make a difference for their students and their communities. You are leaders inside classrooms and beyond. You deserve respect, appreciation and genuine gratitude for all that you do.
And, on this Teacher Appreciation Week, I want you to know that the National Board stands behind you. We support you and we’re working to expand the ranks of National Board Certified Teachers so even more students benefit from the expertise and commitment of highly accomplished teachers.
I urge you to stand with us! Talk to your colleagues about Board certification and encourage them to pursue this important step. Recommend a colleague to us and we’ll contact them and share resources. Help us advance the profession so even more Americans can see the impact of National Board Certified Teachers on the children in their lives.
- Educators, what are your thoughts on a 4 day school week?National BoardAug 15
- RT @TcWhite1: @NBPTS model has a lot to teach states interested in #RethinkingRelicensure - Learn more in our new report! https://t.co/rmrp…National BoardAug 15
- This School Year, Let's Show What Happens When Parents and Teachers Work as a Team by the #NBCTstrong @wise1teach!… https://t.co/K4blWHyCDzNational BoardAug 15
- #NBCTstrong! 📚 https://t.co/niJIjXCBbnNational BoardAug 14
- RT @NPR: How do you teach kids to be active participants in government? One expert suggests starting civics classes as early as kindergarte…National BoardAug 14