The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Renewal Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the renewal process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- RT @DerekVoiles: Every profession begins in a classroom! #LoveTeaching https://t.co/9PAErrRWt7National BoardFeb 25
- RT @milne_shelly: @JanetBerg Our superintendent went all out. Beautiful awards for our NBCTs. It was a special night. #NBCTstrong https://t…National BoardFeb 24
- RT @SONJAHUNGNESS: Proud to have been honored by the State of Wisconsin DPI last night as a finalist for the PAEMST award! #NBCTStrong #STE…National BoardFeb 24
- RT @jenniferlhatch: National Board Sanity Saturday Session on a gorgeous day @UNCWWatsonEd facilitated by NBCTs @Sawyer4Chris @mrhallshero…National BoardFeb 24
- We'll be seeing you there! https://t.co/1hCo0n5UbWNational BoardFeb 24