The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Renewal Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the renewal process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- Brown v. Board of Education: The First Step in the Desegregation of America’s Schools https://t.co/iT8fiOzlsA via @historyNational BoardMay 18
- RT @waza: Today is #EndangeredSpeciesDay #WAZA member zoos and aquariums around the world are dedicated to saving species from extinction.…National BoardMay 18
- Pleasant Gardens school getting new principal -- @MElliott1977! Congratulations! #NBCTStrong https://t.co/6sDgsp7NBA via @mcdowellnewsNational BoardMay 18
- Two NAES teachers attain National Board Certification #NBCTStrong @MSNBCTNetwork https://t.co/nZ7Nek9yOlNational BoardMay 18
- RT @plkelly27: If you are looking for some hopeful news, check out this great article on 2 incredible students. These 2 are part of an incr…National BoardMay 17