The Candidate Center is your hub for information related to the certification process. Here you can find instructions and policy documents and other information that is specific to first time, returning and renewal candidates. Please read the information carefully as you view the documents that are relevant to you. We encourage you to check back often as you continue your journey.
First-time and Returning Candidate Resources
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards, overviews of the certification components, component instructions, and important policy and procedure documents.
Get answers to our most asked questions by visiting our FAQs.
Renewal Candidate Resources
The National Board provides a few resources that can guide you through the renewal process. We also provide some Frequently Asked Questions.
Assessment Center Testing
The National Board has engaged Pearson VUE to deliver the online assessment of National Board Certification at locations across the United States.
The National Board has implemented an electronic portfolio submission system, ePortfolio, which simplifies and enhances the way candidates compile and submit materials for evaluation.
National Board Certification is a standards-based assessment. Your score reflects the degree to which assessors were able to locate clear, consistent, and convincing evidence that you have met the National Board Standards specific to your certificate field.
- Perspective from @hgse What Parents Can Do to Stop Sexual Harassment https://t.co/5iADTKlePpNBPTSOct 18
- Don't miss this discussion focusing on teacher leadership https://t.co/PqNXCbD1ogNBPTSOct 18
- Great perspective by @marciarpowell on "offensive" language in classrooms is an equity issue #CTQCollab https://t.co/RgapF6OEC4NBPTSOct 18
- RT @JustinMinkel: @NBPTS How to find our lost way: Focus on kids' happiness and fold academic learning into that ultimate goal. https://t.c…NBPTSOct 18
- Join our convo on #teacherquality w/ #EmpoweredEducators study via @CtrEdEcon webinar 10/26 11am ET… https://t.co/ZrgYwl5VAANBPTSOct 18