The National Board made changes to provide flexibility for successfully completing your portfolio submissions, Renewal or Maintenance of Certification during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more on our Pursuing National Board Certification during COVID-19 page. Create a National Board account to learn the latest National Board candidate news.
The resources on this page include certificate-specific standards and instructions, overviews of the certification components and important policy and procedure documents.
Guides & FAQs
Release Forms – COVID Allowance
- Adult Release Form (English)
- Adult Release Form (Spanish)
- Student Release Form (English)
- Student Release Form (Spanish)
- Student Release Form (Simplified Chinese)
- Student Release Form (Traditional Chinese)
Standards and Instructions for First-time and Returning Candidates
As you prepare to start your National Board Certification process here are important documents for you to download: the General Portfolio Instructions and your selected certificate-specific instructions. The General Portfolio Instructions will provide you with key requirements, policies, and guidelines. This is an important document that includes relevant information that is not included in the certificate-specific instructions. For certificate-specific instructions and standards for new and returning candidates, please carefully select your discipline and/or development age level below.
If you are using the Chrome browser, you may need to take these steps to open the documents: right-click on the document link and choose “open link in new tab” or “open link in incognito window.”
- RT @ScottMuri: This dynamic duo is nothing to sneeze at! @NBPTS + @EctorCountyISD = incredible opportunity for teachers! https://t.co/7eWvg…National BoardOct 28
- RT @ParkdaleLMC: Sharing benefits of @NBPTS with teacher new to the school. #NBCTSTRONG @pgcpsnbct1 https://t.co/3v2qG4jFHpNational BoardOct 28
- 3 AMAZING Carbon Snake Experiments from #NBCTstrong @bealsscience https://t.co/ODZB8UJ4JiNational BoardOct 28
- RT @Latinos4Ed: Teacher burnout is real and its impact is felt most prominently by teachers of color. Latinos for Education CEO, @AmanFerna…National BoardOct 28
- 10 reasons why discussing race in class improves outcomes for all students https://t.co/lhR89JDLOiNational BoardOct 28