This page will be a clearinghouse for information and resources from the National Board. Please check back regularly. Previous emails — sent since March 23 are at bottom of this page. For webinar registration info and replay details, see below, also.
We are living in unprecedented times. COVID-19 is changing our lives – and our most vital institutions – and forcing us to find ways to support one another. The National Board is working to be a professional resource for all teachers – National Board Certified Teachers, candidates pursuing certification and any other educators, too. Links to resources will be placed below.
We know there are many questions about the National Board process. Circumstances are changing rapidly and are different in different parts of the country.
We are building and implementing a comprehensive plan. Our planning aims to ensure equitable opportunities for all teachers pursuing Board certification and Renewal. We will communicate additional information on Monday, March 30. We will do so via email, via this page and via Facebook and Twitter. We will provide weekly updates on Mondays going forward.
In the meantime, you can use one of the other support channels if you have questions about your candidacy (see below).
If you have questions about Component 1: Content Knowledge testing, please go to the VUE customer support page which includes information about how COVID-19 is being addressed at testing sites generally and in your area.
All other questions should be addressed to National Board customer support via the webform or call us at 1-800-22TEACH.
National Board Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinars
|4/21||Tuesday||3:00 PM, ET||Engaging Early Adolescence and AYA Students Virtually (11-18)||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/15||Wednesday||4:30 PM, ET||ATLAS 4 Candidates|
|4/14||Tuesday||4:30 PM, ET||Taping Virtual Lessons: Review of Guidance and Tips|
|4/14||Tuesday||3:00 PM, ET||Tech Tips for Cyber Safety||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/13||Monday||3:00 PM, ET||SEL - Caring connections in Cyberspace||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/9||Thursday||3:00 PM, ET||Self Care: Mindful Meditation||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/7||Tuesday||4:30 PM, ET||Update for Candidates (Resources)|
|4/7||Tuesday||3:00 PM, ET||Students with special needs (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/6||Monday||3:00 PM, ET||Using Class Dojo (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/2||Thursday||3:00 PM, ET||Building Community with Educators (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|4/2||Thursday||4:30 PM, ET||Update for Candidates (Resources)|
|3/31||Tuesday||3:00 PM, ET||Building Community with Students (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/30||Monday||3:00 PM, ET||Student Engagagement (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/26||Thursday||3:00 PM, ET||Using Flipgrid (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/26||Thursday||4:30 PM, ET||Update for National Board Candidates (Resources)|
|3/24||Tuesday||3:00 PM, ET||Let's Take it Offline (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/23||Monday||3:00 PM, ET||Using Google Classroom (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/19||Thursday||3:00 PM, ET||Zoom for Virtual Teaching (Resources)||8:00 PM, ET|
|3/16||Monday||8:oo PM, ET||National Board webinar (Resources)|
Recent Covid-19 Communications
- RT @sallyjeanw: During this crazy and uncertain time, it is important to practice mindfulness! Join @NBPTS now for a webinar for teaching a…National BoardApr 09
- RT @DavidPBLRoss: A high-stakes question: Review or new content? https://t.co/aa8O1ETD6d @ascd @NEAToday @AFTunion @NBPTS #onlinelearning #…National BoardApr 09
- RT @DrJeffEargle: Thanks to @PSTANews’s Craig King for speaking w/ #EDSE302 today on: 📚Advocating for Teachers 📚#ELearning / #RemoteLearnin…National BoardApr 09
- Today's webinar is all about #selfcare! Be sure to sign up for the #CoreConnections webinar today to learn to tips… https://t.co/tvWml90ssgNational BoardApr 09
- Join @EdProgress for a #QualityEdChat about increased investments in public education keeping equity in mind in the… https://t.co/Tx7HoRT2osNational BoardApr 09